• Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter will start playing in minor league games Saturday as he works his way back from an ankle injury. The team announced Friday that Jeter, who hasn't played this season due to a broken left ankle, has been cleared to begin a rehab assignment and is scheduled to join Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. The Yankees captain is scheduled to play at least five innings in Saturday's game.
• Rays right-hander Alex Cobb pitched off a mound for the first time since being hit in the head by a line drive last month. Cobb had the bullpen session before Friday's game against the Chicago White Sox. There is no timetable for when Cobb will pitch in a game. He also said his vertigo symptoms have improved over the past week. Cobb was struck in the right ear by a ball June 15.
• The Padres activated shortstop Everth Cabrera from the 15-day disabled list and optioned right-handed pitcher Burch Smith to Triple-A Tucson. Cabrera leads the National League with 31 steals and San Diego with a .305 batting average.
• The Reds and Giants are exploring options for making up their rained-out game in Cincinnati, including the possibility of playing it on the road. Day-long rain forced the teams to call off the final game of their series on Thursday. It's San Francisco's only trip into town. The teams share an off-day Aug. 29.
• Royals outfielder Alex Gordon passed a battery of concussion tests and was cleared by the team's medical staff to take batting practice before Friday night's game against Oakland.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.