• Ryan Braun is back for the Brewers, but Aramis Ramirez is out again. Braun was activated from the disabled list Monday after he was sidelined for a month with a bruised right thumb. While the 2011 NL MVP returned, the Brewers decided to put Ramirez on the DL again with a nagging left-knee injury.
• Rays right-hander Alex Cobb, hit in the head by a ball in June, hasn't ruled out pitching again in the next month. Cobb, struck in the right ear by a liner hit by Kansas City's Eric Hosmer on June 15, threw off a mound for the second time since being hurt before Monday night's game against Minnesota. Cobb is scheduled to have another bullpen session Thursday and hopes to face hitters soon after that.
• Phillies slugger Ryan Howard needs surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee and will miss at least six to eight weeks.
• The Nationals acquired outfielder Scott Hairston from the Cubs for minor league pitcher Ivan Pineyro.
• The Dodgers placed center fielder Matt Kemp on the 15-day disabled list with joint inflammation in his troublesome left shoulder. Kemp was injured while swinging the bat against San Francisco on Friday night and hasn't played since.
• Right-hander Jeremy Bonderman's comeback with the Mariners is over after he was designated for assignment following consecutive poor starts.
• The Yankees added first baseman Travis Ishikawa to their 25-man roster and inserted their latest fill-in player into the starting lineup Monday. The Yankees claimed the 29-year-old off waivers from Baltimore on Sunday.
• The Royals moved Bruce Chen into their starting rotation and shifted Luis Mendoza to the bullpen.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.