MLB notebook: MLB agrees to sex harassment policy
• Major League Baseball will bolster its policies against harassment and discrimination based on sexual orientation, according to a new agreement provided to the Associated Press on Monday. The league is scheduled to announce its new policy during its All-Star game festivities Tuesday. Under the new policy, the league will create a workplace code of conduct and distribute it to every major league and minor league player. It also will provide new training sessions and create a centralized complaint system to report any harassment and discrimination.
• Baseball commissioner Bud Selig declined to detail timing for decisions on the sport's investigation of the closed anti-aging clinic Biogenesis, accused of distributing performing-enhancing drugs. MLB could attempt to discipline former MVPs Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun along with other players.
• The Phillies' Ben Revere will have surgery Tuesday on his broken right foot and is expected to miss six to eight weeks.
• Jordany Valdespin tried to sidestep his demotion Saturday by imploring the Mets to put him on the disabled list with a trumped-up injury, a person with knowledge of the situation said.
• The Yankees' Alex Rodriguez went 2 for 4 with a 400-foot home run in his first rehab appearance with Double-A Trenton.
• Yankees outfielder Curtis Granderson said he's optimistic he can return later this month as he continues to recover from a broken left pinkie, ESPN New York reported.
• Rangers team president Nolan Ryan said on his weekly radio show on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM that Manny Ramirez could be an option for the Rangers after the All-Star break.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- MLB notebook: Mets boost lineup, acquire Cespedes from Tigers
- MLB notebook: Phillies trade Hamels to Rangers for prospects
- Reds send right-hander Leake to Giants for 2 prospects
- MLB notebook: Blue Jays trade for Tigers ace Price
- MLB notebook: Royals acquire Cueto from Reds for stretch run
- Cardinals add outfielder Moss in trade with Indians