• Suspended slugger Nelson Cruz wants to be ready if the Rangers make the playoffs. Cruz apologized to the organization and its fans Friday in his first public appearance since he was among 13 players banned 50 games over their relationship with a closed anti-aging clinic in Florida accused of distributing banned performing-enhancing drugs. The right fielder took batting practice and will go to the Arizona instructional league in a bid to be ready when his ban ends after the regular season.
• The Reds recalled former Pirates starter Zach Duke from Triple-A Louisville to add a left-hander to their bullpen. Duke was 2-0 with a 1.36 ERA and two saves in 26 games for Louisville.
• The Indians acquired outfielder Jason Kubel and cash from Arizona. In exchange for Kubel, the Diamondbacks will receive a player to be named later or cash. Kubel was batting .220 with five homers and 32 RBI in 89 games for the Diamondbacks.
• Mariners outfielder Michael Morse was traded to the Orioles in exchange for outfielder Xavier Avery. Baltimore claimed Morse off waivers earlier this week before completing the deal Friday. The 31-year-old Morse hit .226 with 13 homers and 27 RBI in 76 games for Seattle.
• Rockies reliever Rafael Betancourt will have Tommy John surgery to repair a torn ligament in his pitching elbow.
• The Phillies and Cuban pitcher Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez agreed to a $12 million, three-year contract. The 26-year-old, hard-throwing right-hander has a fastball that reaches the upper 90s.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.