• Bryce Harper will be out of the Nationals' lineup for at least two more days because of a sore left hip. Harper was examined by team doctors in Washington, and manager Davey Johnson said tests showed inflammation but no structural damage. The 20-year-old slugger will take oral medication and sit out the first two games of a four-game series against the Mets. Johnson says he hopes Harper can play after that.
• Mariners ace Felix Hernandez will not make his scheduled start on Wednesday, the second time his turn in the rotation has been pushed back. The team confirmed that Hernandez will not start against Houston. Hernandez is 12-9 with a 3.01 ERA this season. He's lost five of his last six decisions and given up 38 hits and 24 earned runs during that stretch.
• Rangers Opening Day starter Matt Harrison had his third surgery of the season on Monday. The left-hander never got back into the rotation after having two operations on a herniated disk in his lower back. The third surgery — for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome — was on his right side. Harrison made two starts this season before the back operations in a nine-day span, the last on May 1.
• Indians outfielder Michael Brantley has returned to the team, and the starting lineup, after his wife gave birth to the couple's first child. Brantley, who was in left field and batting fifth against the Royals Monday night, went home to West Palm Beach, Fla., on Friday and missed the three-game series against the Mets in Cleveland. Brantley is batting .278 with eight home runs, 59 RBI and 15 stolen bases in 132 games.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.