• Red Sox center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury is confident he will return in time for the playoffs, boston.com reported. Ellsbury, who has been out since Sept. 5 with a fractured foot, was walking without a boot. “ Everybody's excited,” he said. “The docs are just happy with my progress.” Manager John Farrell also is optimistic, saying “we're all envisioning him being back on the field before the regular season has concluded.” Ellsbury, 30, is hitting .299 with eight homers, 52 RBI, 89 runs and an MLB-best 52 stolen bases this season.
• Braves outfielder Jason Heyward took live batting practice at Nationals Park, MLB.com reported. Heyward consistently made solid contact in his first action against live pitching since his jaw was fractured by a fastball from Mets left-handed pitcher Jon Niese on Aug. 21. “It went well, and that is not an easy thing to do,” Braves hitting coach Greg Walker said in the report. “Now it is all about him getting his timing.” Heyward, who is hitting .253 with 13 home runs and 37 RBI, might be back in the lineup Monday against the Brewers.
• Astros All-Star catcher Jason Castro was placed on the 15-day disabled list with discomfort in his right knee, ending his season. Castro had a cyst in his right knee drained Sept. 3 and appeared in two games at designated hitter since then.
• Cuban infielder Alexander Guerrero is a free agent again after nearing a five-year, $32-million deal with the Dodgers, CBSSports.com reported. The Red Sox, Reds, Rangers and Giants also are among the teams that may have some interest in the 26-year-old, according to the report.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.