MLB notebook: Motion filed to dismiss A-Rod lawsuit
A letter to a New York judge said Major League Baseball wants an early dismissal of a lawsuit Alex Rodriguez filed against the league and commissioner Bud Selig.
Judge Lorna Schofield in Manhattan agreed Monday that both sides could file their motions by Nov. 8 in federal court.
The lawsuit claims MLB went on a “witch hunt” to remove Rodriguez from baseball.
• Former major league catcher Brad Ausmus interviewed for the Tigers' manager's job. Dodgers third-base coach Tim Wallach, Padres bench coach Rick Renteria and Tigers hitting coach — and former Pirates manager — Lloyd McClendon also interviewed for the job.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt notebook: Offensive struggles continue
- Steelers notebook: Brown downplays possible matchup against Seahawks’ Sherman
- Dubinsky suspended for cross-check on SidneyCrosby
- Howard leads West Virginia over Iowa State
- Downtown holiday parade festive, but turnout low
- Clairton captures 12th WPIAL football championship
- WPIAL Class A notes: Return sparks Clairton for 2nd straight week
- Barefoot toddlers found wandering in Uniontown Hospital lot
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Puppy, pals come to rescue of Lower Burrell firefighters