MLB notebook: Motion filed to dismiss A-Rod lawsuit
A letter to a New York judge said Major League Baseball wants an early dismissal of a lawsuit Alex Rodriguez filed against the league and commissioner Bud Selig.
Judge Lorna Schofield in Manhattan agreed Monday that both sides could file their motions by Nov. 8 in federal court.
The lawsuit claims MLB went on a “witch hunt” to remove Rodriguez from baseball.
• Former major league catcher Brad Ausmus interviewed for the Tigers' manager's job. Dodgers third-base coach Tim Wallach, Padres bench coach Rick Renteria and Tigers hitting coach — and former Pirates manager — Lloyd McClendon also interviewed for the job.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Greek debt fears, surge in dollar nip at stock market
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Boaters expected to represent at Kittanning’s free summer concerts
- Rayburn offering tax breaks to businesses along 2 roads
- Dayton man charged with stabbing friend
- UPMC offering buyouts to 3,500 employees in cost-cutting move
- Elizabeth council opens barge for fishing
- Labor board rules in favor of Kittanning union’s complaint against hospital
- Unity resident again accused of burglary
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- Arrest made in 2014 case of Blawnox man found dead in Oakland