• The Reds scratched pitcher Mat Latos from an injury rehabilitation start because of right elbow irritation and placed reliever Trevor Bell on the 15-day disabled list with an aching right elbow.
• Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman was out of the starting lineup against the Marlins as he works through problems with his throwing shoulder. Zimmerman said he hopes to play Wednesday night against Miami.
• The Yankees put closer David Robertson on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained groin and recalled left-handed reliever Cesar Cabral from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Robertson posted two saves in three games as the replacement for retired Yankees closer Mariano Rivera before getting hurt.
• The Royals' Omar Infante has a sprained jaw and needed six stitches to close a cut opened when he was hit by a Heath Bell pitch Monday. The Royals said Tuesday that the second baseman did not suffer a concussion.
• Left-hander Matt Moore has been placed on the 15-day disabled list by the Rays because of an elbow injury. Moore was 17-4 with a 3.29 ERA last year.
• Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis underwent a cleanup procedure on his left knee and is expected to be out four to six weeks.
• Right-hander Cory Gearrin joined the list of Braves pitchers having Tommy John surgery. The Braves previously lost starting pitchers Kris Medlen and Brandon Beachy to season-ending elbow injuries this spring.
• The Mets said former pitcher Frank Viola was released from a hospital, a week after heart surgery. Viola, 53, won the 1988 AL Cy Young Award with the Twins and went 176-150 with a 3.73 ERA in 15 major league seasons.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.