MLB notebook: Reds' Latos scratched from rehab start
• The Reds scratched pitcher Mat Latos from an injury rehabilitation start because of right elbow irritation and placed reliever Trevor Bell on the 15-day disabled list with an aching right elbow.
• Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman was out of the starting lineup against the Marlins as he works through problems with his throwing shoulder. Zimmerman said he hopes to play Wednesday night against Miami.
• The Yankees put closer David Robertson on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained groin and recalled left-handed reliever Cesar Cabral from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Robertson posted two saves in three games as the replacement for retired Yankees closer Mariano Rivera before getting hurt.
• The Royals' Omar Infante has a sprained jaw and needed six stitches to close a cut opened when he was hit by a Heath Bell pitch Monday. The Royals said Tuesday that the second baseman did not suffer a concussion.
• Left-hander Matt Moore has been placed on the 15-day disabled list by the Rays because of an elbow injury. Moore was 17-4 with a 3.29 ERA last year.
• Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis underwent a cleanup procedure on his left knee and is expected to be out four to six weeks.
• Right-hander Cory Gearrin joined the list of Braves pitchers having Tommy John surgery. The Braves previously lost starting pitchers Kris Medlen and Brandon Beachy to season-ending elbow injuries this spring.
• The Mets said former pitcher Frank Viola was released from a hospital, a week after heart surgery. Viola, 53, won the 1988 AL Cy Young Award with the Twins and went 176-150 with a 3.73 ERA in 15 major league seasons.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Apple Hill Playhouse takes on an updated ‘Snow White’
- Alvarez homer triggers winning outburst for Pirates
- Pirates get journeyman Ishikawa off waivers; outfielder Marte injured
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Padres, July 6, 2015
- McCutchen, Pirates hitters increasingly in crosshairs
- High tax could scuttle online gaming in Pa., CEO says
- Geibel Catholic acting, music camp enters 4th year
- Alamo named as World Heritage site by United Nations
- Starting 9: Pirates missing out on young bat
- Pirates minor league report: Ramirez more mindful while at plate
- Pirates can’t overcome long rain delay, Indians in interleague setback