MLB notebook: Reds' Latos scratched from rehab start
• The Reds scratched pitcher Mat Latos from an injury rehabilitation start because of right elbow irritation and placed reliever Trevor Bell on the 15-day disabled list with an aching right elbow.
• Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman was out of the starting lineup against the Marlins as he works through problems with his throwing shoulder. Zimmerman said he hopes to play Wednesday night against Miami.
• The Yankees put closer David Robertson on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained groin and recalled left-handed reliever Cesar Cabral from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Robertson posted two saves in three games as the replacement for retired Yankees closer Mariano Rivera before getting hurt.
• The Royals' Omar Infante has a sprained jaw and needed six stitches to close a cut opened when he was hit by a Heath Bell pitch Monday. The Royals said Tuesday that the second baseman did not suffer a concussion.
• Left-hander Matt Moore has been placed on the 15-day disabled list by the Rays because of an elbow injury. Moore was 17-4 with a 3.29 ERA last year.
• Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis underwent a cleanup procedure on his left knee and is expected to be out four to six weeks.
• Right-hander Cory Gearrin joined the list of Braves pitchers having Tommy John surgery. The Braves previously lost starting pitchers Kris Medlen and Brandon Beachy to season-ending elbow injuries this spring.
• The Mets said former pitcher Frank Viola was released from a hospital, a week after heart surgery. Viola, 53, won the 1988 AL Cy Young Award with the Twins and went 176-150 with a 3.73 ERA in 15 major league seasons.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Allegheny County will stop asking about employees’ criminal history, Fitzgerald says
- Lower gasoline prices fail to spur consumer spending
- Connellsville wrestlers hope to meet program’s standard of excellence
- Steel Valley plans to play up-tempo under 1st-year coach Schifino
- Roundup: Mazda recalls cars to fix tire pressure monitors; Wal-Mart’s top merchant out as key holiday nears; more
- Young Steel Valley players looking for experience
- DUI checkpoints take on dangerous drivers
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- No. 15 San Diego State hammers Pitt, 74-57
- IUP student dies from injuries after he was pinned beneath car
- FDA rule to require chain restaurants to post calorie counts