MLB notebook: Reds' Latos scratched from rehab start
• The Reds scratched pitcher Mat Latos from an injury rehabilitation start because of right elbow irritation and placed reliever Trevor Bell on the 15-day disabled list with an aching right elbow.
• Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman was out of the starting lineup against the Marlins as he works through problems with his throwing shoulder. Zimmerman said he hopes to play Wednesday night against Miami.
• The Yankees put closer David Robertson on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained groin and recalled left-handed reliever Cesar Cabral from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Robertson posted two saves in three games as the replacement for retired Yankees closer Mariano Rivera before getting hurt.
• The Royals' Omar Infante has a sprained jaw and needed six stitches to close a cut opened when he was hit by a Heath Bell pitch Monday. The Royals said Tuesday that the second baseman did not suffer a concussion.
• Left-hander Matt Moore has been placed on the 15-day disabled list by the Rays because of an elbow injury. Moore was 17-4 with a 3.29 ERA last year.
• Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis underwent a cleanup procedure on his left knee and is expected to be out four to six weeks.
• Right-hander Cory Gearrin joined the list of Braves pitchers having Tommy John surgery. The Braves previously lost starting pitchers Kris Medlen and Brandon Beachy to season-ending elbow injuries this spring.
• The Mets said former pitcher Frank Viola was released from a hospital, a week after heart surgery. Viola, 53, won the 1988 AL Cy Young Award with the Twins and went 176-150 with a 3.73 ERA in 15 major league seasons.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Police stop car in Beltzhoover, find body in back seat
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf to sign order barring drilling of new oil, gas wells in state forests, parks
- Dixon vows to fix Pitt’s long-distance dilemma
- UPMC, Highmark disagree over payment of medical claims for children
- Pa. police departments worry order on criminal seizures hurts bottom line
- Donora man apprehended after North Belle Vernon pharmacy robbery
- For Penguins coach Johnston, it’s a matter of substance over style