• Dustin Pedroia was scratched from Boston's lineup because of a sore left wrist. Jonathan Herrera started at second base Sunday night against the New York Yankees. Red Sox manager John Farrell said Pedroia will return to Boston to be examined by a doctor Monday morning. The second baseman got hurt when he was taken out on a potential double play last weekend against Milwaukee. The 2008 AL MVP is batting .236 with no homers and one RBI in 55 at-bats. He has three extra-base hits and hasn't drawn a walk all season.
• Derek Jeter was out of the Yankees' lineup for the second consecutive day after feeling tightness in his right quadriceps. Yankees manager Joe Girardi said Jeter's quad got a little tight Friday night, but the 39-year-old shortstop finished the game. He received a scheduled day off Saturday, and the original plan was to play him Sunday night against Boston. Girardi said he changed his mind Saturday.
• The Nationals placed third baseman Ryan •Zimmerman on the 15-day disabled list Sunday with a broken right thumb. Zimmerman is expected to miss four to six weeks.
• The Rangers put third baseman Adrian Beltre on the 15-day disabled list. Texas made the move just before Sunday's game, when they added newly acquired right-hander Hector Noesi to the roster. Beltre hasn't played since coming out of Tuesday's game at Boston with a strained left quad.
• The Blue Jays placed second baseman Maicer Izturis on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained left knee and optioned catcher Erik Kratz, a former Pirates player, to Triple-A Buffalo.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.