• White Sox left-hander Chris Sale is headed to the 15-day disabled list with what the team believes is a strained muscle in his throwing arm. General manager Rick Hahn said the White Sox are erring on the side of caution, and that an MRI suggests no ligament damage. The 25-year-old Sale threw 127 pitches in a loss to Boston on Thursday.
• The Brewers plan a private unveiling of a last-row statue paying tribute to broadcaster Bob Uecker. Milwaukee said Monday the bronze statue will be unveiled in a ceremony open to special guests and the media. The team plans to honor Uecker on the field before Friday night's game against the Chicago Cubs.
• Bobby Abreu got a quick lesson in the Mets' many uniform color combinations from an equipment guy, tried on a few belts in the clubhouse and then hugged new teammate Bartolo Colon. Always smart for 40-year-olds to stick together in the big leagues. The Mets called up Abreu from the minors Monday night, hoping the former star outfielder can provide a few key hits. He wasn't in New York's starting lineup against the Cardinals. Abreu hasn't been in the majors since 2012.
• Rockies outfielder Michael Cuddyer will go on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring.
• The Indians activated designated hitter Jason Giambi from the disabled list. Giambi missed Cleveland's first 18 games.
• Outfielder J.D. Martinez was brought up by the Tigers after a torrid stretch at Triple-A Toledo.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.