• Reliever Heath Bell was cut by the Rays in a costly move for a normally thrifty team. Needing a fresh long man in the bullpen, the Rays recalled right-hander Nathan Karns from Triple-A Durham and designated Bell for assignment before Sunday's series finale against the Yankees. Tampa Bay still owes him about $4.5 million this season.
• The Braves activated right-hander Gavin Floyd from the disabled list and optioned left-handed reliever Ian Thomas to Triple-A Gwinnett. Floyd signed a one-year, $4 million deal with the Braves in December after his 2013 season with the White Sox was shorted by an elbow injury. He had surgery last May to repair the ulnar collateral ligament and a torn flexor muscle in his elbow.
• The Indians recalled former Pirates outfielder Nyjer Morgan from Triple-A Columbus because of an injury to starting center fielder Michael Bourn. Morgan began the season with the Indians, batting .348 with three steals, four runs and four RBIs in nine games.
• The Royals activated left-hander Tim Collins from the 15-day disabled list and optioned right-hander Aaron Brooks to Triple-A Omaha. Collins had been out since April 7 because of a strained left elbow flexor.
• Twins first baseman Joe Mauer left Sunday's game against Baltimore because of muscle spasms in his lower back. Mauer is considered day-to-day.
• Mets leadoff hitter Eric Young Jr. was scratched from the starting lineup Sunday against Colorado after being hit below the right eye during batting practice.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.