• Cy Young Award winner Clayton Kershaw was activated from the disabled list by the Dodgers, who kept outfielder Yasiel Puig out of the starting lineup for the second straight night. Kershaw allowed one run in 6 2⁄3 innings of a 3-1 victory over Arizona in the March 22 opener at Sydney. In the process, the reigning NL Cy Young winner strained a back muscle and went on the DL for the first time in his major league career. Puig crashing into an outfield wall in the ninth inning of Sunday's loss at Miami. Puig rammed his head, left arm and lower left leg against the fence as he tried to track down Jeff Baker's winning ninth-inning double.
• Injured Tampa Bay pitcher Alex Cobb could rejoin the depleted Rays rotation late this month. Cobb went on the 15-day disabled list April 13 with a strained oblique in his left side. He threw off a bullpen mound before Tuesday night's game against Baltimore and will throw a batting practice session in a few days.
• Retired Yankees closer Mariano Rivera said he would take Boston's Dustin Pedroia over former teammate Robinson Cano as his top second baseman. “There is no doubt that he is a Hall of Fame-caliber talent,” Rivera said about Cano in his book published Tuesday. “It's just a question of whether he finds the drive that you need to get there.”
• Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda completed his 10-game suspension for using pine tar and was put on the 15-day DL with a right shoulder injury.
• The Cubs-Reds game postponed by rain April 28 will be made up as part of a day-night doubleheader July 8.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.