• Phillies ace Cliff Lee had an MRI exam on his sore throwing elbow. Lee remained in Philadelphia to undergo the test after pitching 6 2⁄3 innings Sunday to beat Cincinnati. Lee, 35, is 4-4 this season with a 3.18 ERA in 68 innings.
• MLB.com reported the Red Sox signed free-agent shortstop Stephen Drew to a one-year, $10 million deal. Drew, who batted .253 with 13 homers and 67 RBIs for Boston last season, rejected the team's one-year, $14.1 million qualifying offer in November.
• Manager Joe Girardi said Carlos Beltran will take swings next week before the Yankees decide if the right fielder needs surgery on his right elbow.
• Prince Fielder still is out of the Rangers lineup. The slugger was on the original lineup posted for Tuesday's game versus Seattle. But Fielder, who was given an injection Saturday for a stiff neck, was scratched before the game after taking some swings.
• The Indians activated Jason Giambi from the disabled list. Giambi, 43, has been on the disabled list since May 5 with a strained calf. Before he was placed on the DL, Giambi was hitless in 10 at-bats.
• Dodgers prospect Alex Guerrero will need surgery after his teammate, catcher Miguel Olivo, bit off part of his ear during a dugout scuffle during a game between Triple-A Albuquerque and Salt Lake. The incident appeared to stem from an on-field argument between the pair during an earlier pitching change.
• MLB.com reported Giants catcher Buster Posey is day-to-day with nerve irritation in his lower back.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.