• The Reds placed first baseman Joey Votto on the 15-day disabled list with a left leg injury. The move is retroactive to May 16. The Reds made the move before Wednesday's game against the Nationals. He already missed five games with a quadriceps strain in his left knee. The Reds also reinstated outfielder Jay Bruce from the 15-day DL.
• Prosecutors in Detroit said they plan to review a request for charges against a 28-year-old Tigers player after a sexual assault complaint. The prosecutor's office didn't release the player's name but said the alleged assault took place March 30 at MotorCity Casino Hotel in Detroit.
• Prince Fielder was out of the Rangers' lineup for the fourth game in a row. Fielder will not travel with the team to Detroit for a four-game series against the Tigers beginning Thursday and appears likely to miss additional games.
• Although Mets' pitcher Matt Harvey indicated he wants to make five to seven starts this season, general manager Sandy Alderson said he will “reserve judgment” and doesn't want to push the “natural recovery processes further than we should have,” according to ESPN New York. Harvey is rehabbing from Oct. 22, 2013, Tommy John surgery.
• Chris Sale, an American League All-Star pitcher the past two seasons, will come off the disabled list Thursday and start for the White Sox against the Yankees. Sale went on the disabled list April 22 with a flexor strain in his left arm.
• The Dodgers placed infielder Juan Uribe on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right hamstring.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.