MLB notebook: Darvish's neck fine; he'll make start Sunday
• Texas ace Yu Darvish arrived at the ballpark Wednesday with his stiff neck feeling better, and the Rangers plan to start him Sunday at Washington. Darvish was scratched from his start Tuesday night because of a sore neck. An MRI showed nothing to be concerned about, and Darvish went through a workout at Target Field on Wednesday with no problems.
• Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira was out of the lineup for the third straight day because of soreness in his surgically repaired right wrist. Manager Joe Girardi said it might make sense to rest Teixeira the entire series with a day off Thursday providing additional time for the soreness to subside.
• Left fielder Carl Crawford was put on the 15-day disabled list by the Dodgers because of a sprained left ankle. The Dodgers promoted Triple-A outfielder Jamie Romak to the majors for the first time.
• Outfielder Xavier Nady signed a minor league contract with the Mariners after being released by San Diego earlier this month. Nady passed his physical and will report to extended spring training in Peoria, Ariz.
• Brewers outfielder Khris Davis said he recently received a death threat on Twitter. Milwaukee general manager Doug Melvin said the threat was turned over to Major League Baseball security. He said the team was told the situation had been “handled” and didn't elaborate.
• Boston right-handeer Clay Buchholz was placed on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to Tuesday with a hyperextended left knee.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Police stop car in Beltzhoover, find body in back seat
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf to sign order barring drilling of new oil, gas wells in state forests, parks
- Dixon vows to fix Pitt’s long-distance dilemma
- UPMC, Highmark disagree over payment of medical claims for children
- Pa. police departments worry order on criminal seizures hurts bottom line
- Krieger to seek Westmoreland County Common Pleas judgeship
- Donora man apprehended after North Belle Vernon pharmacy robbery