• Texas ace Yu Darvish arrived at the ballpark Wednesday with his stiff neck feeling better, and the Rangers plan to start him Sunday at Washington. Darvish was scratched from his start Tuesday night because of a sore neck. An MRI showed nothing to be concerned about, and Darvish went through a workout at Target Field on Wednesday with no problems.
• Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira was out of the lineup for the third straight day because of soreness in his surgically repaired right wrist. Manager Joe Girardi said it might make sense to rest Teixeira the entire series with a day off Thursday providing additional time for the soreness to subside.
• Left fielder Carl Crawford was put on the 15-day disabled list by the Dodgers because of a sprained left ankle. The Dodgers promoted Triple-A outfielder Jamie Romak to the majors for the first time.
• Outfielder Xavier Nady signed a minor league contract with the Mariners after being released by San Diego earlier this month. Nady passed his physical and will report to extended spring training in Peoria, Ariz.
• Brewers outfielder Khris Davis said he recently received a death threat on Twitter. Milwaukee general manager Doug Melvin said the threat was turned over to Major League Baseball security. He said the team was told the situation had been “handled” and didn't elaborate.
• Boston right-handeer Clay Buchholz was placed on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to Tuesday with a hyperextended left knee.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.