• Rockies pitcher Nick Masset was suspended three games and fined for throwing a pitch at Braves catcher Evan Gattis on Thursday. Braves reliever David Carpenter was fined for throwing at Rockies outfielder Corey Dickerson in the same game, which featured several ejections, including Colorado manager Walt Weiss. Carpenter subsequently was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right biceps.
• The Red Sox designated outfielder Grady Sizemore for assignment. Sizemore hit .333 in spring training and started in center field on Opening Day when he homered in Boston's 2-1 loss at Baltimore. But in 52 games, he hit .216 with two homers and 15 RBIs.
• The Diamondbacks recalled right-hander Mike Bolsinger and inserted him as the starter Tuesday against the Brewers. The move comes after right-hander Bronson Arroyo went on the disabled list for the first time in his long career. Tests showed Arroyo has a sprained ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow.
• The Yankees shuffled their catchers, activating Francisco Cervelli from the disabled list and sending John Ryan Murphy to the minors. Cervelli strained his hamstring in mid-April while running out a grounder. He was hitting .188 in five games as the backup to Brian McCann. Cervelli has played parts of the seven seasons for the Yankees, batting .269 with 80 RBIs.
• The Rangers signed veteran Carlos Pena to a minor-league contract in an effort to find help with their top four first basemen on the disabled list. Pena hit .207 with the Astros and Royals last season.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.