• The Reds signed Cuban defectorRaisel Iglesias, a right-handed pitcher, to a seven-year contract through the 2020 season. The deal is worth $27 million and came with a $5 million signing bonus, MLB.com reported. “This was really a team effort in getting this deal done, because it was a lengthy process,” general manager Walt Jocketty said. “There were a lot of people involved and a lot of clubs involved.” Iglesias, 24, is listed at 5-foot-11 and 165 pounds. He defected from Cuba in November after a failed try in September.
• The Orioles placed right-hander Bud Norris on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right groin. Norris has won four straight starts and is 7-5 with a 3.62 ERA. He left Sunday's game at Yankee Stadium after five innings because of discomfort in his groin, and an MRI on Thursday revealed the strain. Baltimore recalled reliever Evan Meek, a former Pirate, from Triple-A Norfolk to fill Norris' spot on the roster.
• A planned vote on a 10-year lease that would keep the Athletics at Oakland Coliseum was put off after representatives from the City of Oakland did not show up for the meeting. The Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority was expected to vote on the stadium deal. But four of the authority's eight board members were not present.
• The Phillies placed catcher Carlos Ruiz on the seven-day DL because of concussion-like symptoms before their game against the Braves.
• Mariners outfielderMichael Saunders was activated from the 15-day DL following a brief rehab stint in the minors. He had been on the DL since June 11 with joint inflammation in his right shoulder.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.