MLB notebook: Reds' Votto is back on the DL
• Reds first baseman Joey Votto is back on the 15-day disabled list with a nagging thigh injury that is expected to limit him for the rest of the season. Catcher Brayan Pena was activated off the paternity list and will be a primary fill-in at first base while Votto is gone.
• Cardinals pitcher Jaime Garcia will undergo thoracic outlet surgery Friday to relieve nerve issues in his pitching arm, shoulder and hand.
• More players in Monday's Home Run Derby were announced. Joining the Blue Jays' Jose Bautista for the AL will be Oakland's Yoenis Cespedes, Baltimore's Adam Jones and Brian Dozier of the host Twins. Miami's Giancarlo Stanton, the Dodgers' Yasiel Puig and Cincinnati's Todd Frazier will join the Rockies' Troy Tulowitzki. The final competitor in each league will be announced Thursday.
• Joe Saunders, who was released by the Rangers last week, was picked up by the Royals. The 33-year-old was 0-5 with a 6.13 ERA in eight starts for the Rangers before being released Friday.
• Dodgers pitcher Josh Beckett (6-5, 2.26 ERA) is on the 15-day disabled list with a left hip impingement.
• The Indians have placed pitcher Justin Masterson on the 15-day disabled list with inflammation in his right knee. Masterson has given up 19 runs, 27 hits and 17 walks in 18 innings over his last five starts.
• Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish will be re-evaluated but appeared to be unscathed after taking a batted ball to the head during batting practice Tuesday. He is scheduled to start Wednesday.
— Wire reports