• Reds first baseman Joey Votto is back on the 15-day disabled list with a nagging thigh injury that is expected to limit him for the rest of the season. Catcher Brayan Pena was activated off the paternity list and will be a primary fill-in at first base while Votto is gone.
• Cardinals pitcher Jaime Garcia will undergo thoracic outlet surgery Friday to relieve nerve issues in his pitching arm, shoulder and hand.
• More players in Monday's Home Run Derby were announced. Joining the Blue Jays' Jose Bautista for the AL will be Oakland's Yoenis Cespedes, Baltimore's Adam Jones and Brian Dozier of the host Twins. Miami's Giancarlo Stanton, the Dodgers' Yasiel Puig and Cincinnati's Todd Frazier will join the Rockies' Troy Tulowitzki. The final competitor in each league will be announced Thursday.
• Joe Saunders, who was released by the Rangers last week, was picked up by the Royals. The 33-year-old was 0-5 with a 6.13 ERA in eight starts for the Rangers before being released Friday.
• Dodgers pitcher Josh Beckett (6-5, 2.26 ERA) is on the 15-day disabled list with a left hip impingement.
• The Indians have placed pitcher Justin Masterson on the 15-day disabled list with inflammation in his right knee. Masterson has given up 19 runs, 27 hits and 17 walks in 18 innings over his last five starts.
• Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish will be re-evaluated but appeared to be unscathed after taking a batted ball to the head during batting practice Tuesday. He is scheduled to start Wednesday.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.