• The Cardinals claimed veteran George Kottaras off waivers from the Indians on Friday, bolstering their catching position after the injury to Yadier Molina. Starting pitcher Joe Kelly also was activated by the Cardinals. He started Friday's game against the Brewers.
• The Reds' Skip Schumaker and Ramon Santiago will share time at second base while Brandon Phillips mends from surgery for a torn ligament in his left thumb. Phillips is expected to miss at least six weeks. Cincinnati also called up right-handed relievers Carlos Contreras and Curtis Partch.
• Arizona catcher Miguel Montero will replace the Cardinals' Molina on the National League All-Star roster, manager Mike Matheny said. In addition, Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy will replace the fan-elected Molina as the National League's starting backstop.
• Rockies owner Dick Monfort apologized for a series of email responses to fans unhappy with the bad baseball they've been witnessing. He suggested they not come out to Coors Field if they're that mad and suggested Denver might not deserve a team. In his apology, he said he has no intention of moving the team.
• Shortstop Yunel Escobar came off the disabled list for the Rays. Escobar missed 15 games. Also, outfielder Wil Myers had a cast removed from his right wrist. Infielder Jerry Sands will undergo season-ending surgery on a strained left wrist tendon.
• Blue Jays first baseman Adam Lind was placed on the 15-day DL with a broken right foot.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.