MLB notebook: Reds place Bailey on DL
The Reds placed Homer Bailey on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right elbow. Cincinnati also transferred first baseman Joey Votto (left knee) to the 60-day DL. He will be eligible to be reinstated Sept. 4.
Manager Bryan Price said earlier this week that Bailey thought he hurt his elbow while batting in his last start Aug. 7. The veteran pitcher recently threw a light bullpen session, but he didn't feel any better.
Tanaka throws off mound
Yankees ace Masahiro Tanaka threw 25 pitches in his first bullpen session in a month since going on the disabled list with a partial tear in his right elbow.
Tanaka, 12-4 with a 2.51 ERA in 18 starts, pitched from the mound before Saturday's game against Tampa Bay. Yankees pitching coach Larry Rothschild said Tanaka looked “fine,” but that it's “more important how he feels tomorrow.”
Uribe goes on to DL
Dodgers third baseman Juan Uribe was placed on the 15-day disabled list because of tightness in his right hamstring.
It is the second time this season that the 14-year veteran has been sidelined because of hamstring problems.
Lohse to miss start
MLB.com reported Brewers right-hander Kyle Lohse has a sprained right ankle and won't be able to make his next scheduled start against the Blue Jays on Tuesday. Manager Ron Roenicke said he's not sure when Lohse will return.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Pelican Dreams’ strikes gold with big birds
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Heart stent implanted, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg goes home
- Firefighters extinguish fire that damages 6 cabs at Yellow Cab Co.
- Justices consider social media, free speech
- McCarthy-era felon: Lies doomed me
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Cathedral may host slave trade museum
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Remember our troops