• Diamondbacks chief baseball officer Tony La Russa denied a USA Today report that manager Kirk Gibson will return for the 2015 season. Arizona was 53-72 and 16 1⁄2 games behind the first-place Dodgers in the NL West before Tuesday's games.
• The Nationals said former Pirates outfielder Nate McLouth is out for the season because of an injured right shoulder. Manager Matt Williams said McLouth will have surgery Thursday for a torn labrum and is expected to recover in time for spring training.
• The Cardinals put second baseman Mark Ellis on the 15-day disabled list with a left oblique strain.
• Orioles manager Buck Showalter said starter Ubaldo Jimenez is moving to the bullpen. Jimenez, 30, has struggled in his first year with the Orioles. Jimenez is 4-9 with a 4.83 ERA.
• The Indians signed reliever Scott Atchison to a contract for next season. Atchinson, 38, is 6-0 with a 2.95 ERA in 53 appearances.
• A lawyer for Reds pitcher Alfredo Simon said a woman who accused the player in a lawsuit of sexually assaulting her should have to reveal her name publicly. Simon's lawyer made his argument Tuesday in federal court in Washington. The woman has said in a court document that she worries Simon's fans may harass her or hurt her if her name becomes public.
• Byron Buxton's minor league season is probably over. The Twins' top prospect suffered a concussion during a collision with teammate Mike Kvasnicka during his Double-A debut last Wednesday.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.