• Athletics closer Sean Doolittle was placed on the 15-day disabled list by Oakland about an hour before Sunday's game with the Angels with a strained right intercostal. Doolittle, who saved the past two games against the Angels, is 1-3 with 20 saves and a 2.28 ERA in 54 relief appearances.
• Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz left during an 8-6 loss to the Mariners in the sixth inning, limping to the dugout after fouling a ball off his right foot two innings earlier. Ortiz fouled a ball off his foot in the fourth and was down on the ground for a while before continuing his at-bat and striking out.
• Mariners second baseman Robinson Cano left a game against the Red Sox because of dizziness in the bottom of the third inning. Cano walked off the field with manager Lloyd McClendon and was replaced by Brad Miller.
• Miguel Cabrera did not start for the Tigers after he aggravated a sore right ankle in the second game of Saturday's doubleheader.
• Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez was reinstated from the disabled list after being out with an oblique strain on his right side.
• The Rockies placed outfielder Michael Cuddyer on the disabled list with a strained left hamstring. This has been a frustrating season for Cuddyer, who's making his third trip to the DL this season. The 35-year-old has played in 34 games and is hitting .331.
• The Blue Jays optioned right-hander Kyle Drabek to Triple-A Buffalo to clear a roster spot for right-hander Sergio Santos.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.