• Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina and right-hander Michael Wacha are ready for the next step in their return from the disabled list. General manager John Mozeliak said Monday that Molina and Wacha will report to Double-A Springfield this week to continue their rehabilitation. Molina has been on the disabled list since July 10 with a torn ligament in his right thumb that required surgery. Wacha has been on the DL since mid-June with a stress reaction in his right shoulder.
• Giants right-hander Tim Lincecum was moved to the bullpen as he tries to work through his latest struggles. Yusmeiro Petit will replace him in the rotation. Lincecum (10-9), a two-time NL Cy Young Award winner, was tagged for six runs (four earned), six hits and four walks in 2 2⁄3 innings Saturday against the Nationals.
• Red Sox slugger David Ortiz was ruled out for Boston's game against the Blue Jays because of a bruised right foot. Ortiz left Sunday's game against Seattle in the sixth, two innings after fouling a ball off his foot.
• Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer was cleared to swing a bat after missing a month with a stress fracture in his right hand.
• MLB.com reported Rangers outfielder Shin-Soo Choo will have season-ending surgery to remove bone spurs from his left elbow. Also, right-hander Yu Darvish is unlikely to pitch again this season because of an elbow injury.
• Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira was out of the starting lineup so he can rest a sore left hamstring. Outfielder Brett Gardner also remained out with an ankle injury.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.