• The NL Central-leading Brewers acquired right-handed reliever Jonathan Broxton from the Reds on Sunday for two players to be named. The 30-year-old Broxton is 4-2 with a 1.86 ERA and seven saves in 51 appearances this season, and he will help set up for closer Francisco Rodriguez.
• The Athletics acquired Adam Dunn from the White Sox, hoping to boost their lineup for the final stretch. The White Sox also sent cash to Oakland while acquiring minor league pitcher Nolan Sanburn. Because the deal was made before Sept. 1, Dunn would be eligible for the postseason if the A's make the playoffs.
• Cardinals RHPs Michael Wacha (shoulder) and Jason Motte (shoulder) were scheduled to pitch Sunday night for Double-A Springfield. Both are on rehab assignments. Also, the recalled left-handed reliever Kevin Siegrist and infielder Pete Kozma from Triple-A Memphis and optioned three left-handed pitchers — Marco Gonzales, Nick Greenwood and Tyler Lyons — to Springfield.
• Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia was out of the starting lineup after taking a blow to the head on a tag play Saturday night. Manager John Farrell said Pedroia has exhibited symptoms consistent with a concussion, primarily dizziness, but was improved Sunday morning. Farrell said Pedroia is not expected to play Monday.
• The Tigers sat slugger Miguel Cabrera because of a sore right ankle. Manager Brad Ausmus said Cabrera is day-to-day. Cabrera left in the fourth inning of the second game of Saturday's day-night doubleheader after struggling to run out a grounder.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.