• Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander spoke to reporters for the first time about leaked nude photos of him and girlfriend Kate Upton that surfaced during Labor Day weekend. “I'm not going to comment on my personal life,” Verlander said in the Tigers' clubhouse before Tuesday's game against the Indians. “I never have, and I never plan on it.” Verlander, Upton and other celebrities allegedly had their photos stolen and posted online. The FBI has launched an investigation.
• Michael Wacha will replace Justin Masterson in the Cardinals' rotation Thursday and make his first start since mid-June. Manager Mike Matheny said Wacha will be limited to around 60 pitches at Milwaukee. He's 5-5 with a 2.79 ERA in 15 starts and has been on the 15-day disabled list with a right shoulder stress reaction. Masterson, acquired at the trade deadline from Cleveland, was 2-3 with a 7.90 ERA in six starts.
• Brewers outfielder •Carlos Gomez was diagnosed with a sprained left wrist and will be out of the starting lineup for at least one week.
• Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo could be done for the rest of the season because of a strained lower back. Rizzo was hurt Aug. 26 and has been out of the lineup for a week. The 25-year-old Rizzo is hitting .278 with 30 home runs and 71 RBIs.
• Masahiro Tanaka plans to throw a bullpen this week, the next step for the injured Yankees ace as he tries to overcome a recent setback. Manager Joe Girardi said Tanaka threw well Tuesday, and team physician Dr. Christopher Ahmad diagnosed the right-hander with arm fatigue.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.