International soccer powers to play at Heinz Field
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Two of international soccer's most powerful clubs, AC Milan and Manchester City, will play July 27 at Heinz Field, according to Peter Smith, one of the organizers of the 2014 International Champions Cup.
The International Champions Cup, in its second year, will be contested between eight premier European teams in 12 U.S. cities. The other six teams: Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, AS Roma, Olympiacos.
Kickoff for the Heinz Field match will be 4 p.m.
The semifinals and final will be at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, where the formal announcement of the tournament is expected Tuesday.
AC Milan had been set to play at Heinz Field in August 2012, an international friendly with Newcastle United, but organizers, including the Steelers, called it off because they didn't feel there was enough time to promote the event properly. They tried again in 2013, but the Steelers didn't sign off.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- LaBar: John Cena leaving WWE for Hollywood?
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- More than 800 marijuana plants seized in Washington County
- National city organization chooses Pittsburgh for 2016 gathering
- Suspended Penn-Trafford teacher charged with stalking student
- Penn State to announce new athletic director
- Injured eagle in Somerset County returns to the wild
- Motorcycle runs off road in Butler County, kills Shaler man
- Washington Co. man arrested on child porn charges