International soccer powers to play at Heinz Field
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Two of international soccer's most powerful clubs, AC Milan and Manchester City, will play July 27 at Heinz Field, according to Peter Smith, one of the organizers of the 2014 International Champions Cup.
The International Champions Cup, in its second year, will be contested between eight premier European teams in 12 U.S. cities. The other six teams: Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, AS Roma, Olympiacos.
Kickoff for the Heinz Field match will be 4 p.m.
The semifinals and final will be at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, where the formal announcement of the tournament is expected Tuesday.
AC Milan had been set to play at Heinz Field in August 2012, an international friendly with Newcastle United, but organizers, including the Steelers, called it off because they didn't feel there was enough time to promote the event properly. They tried again in 2013, but the Steelers didn't sign off.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Fire at Dollar General in Rostraver under control, dispatchers say
- Script is it: Classic Pitt helmet design to return
- California University police officer alleges discrimination
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Fayette County woman pleads guilty to trying to kill romantic rival with SUV
- Hit-run motorist in Mt. Lebanon sought
- MLB notebook: Rays manager Maddon opts out of contract
- 2 dead, including student gunman, after Wash. school shooting
- Blind players battle for chess championship
- Foundation arranges free maid service for women with cancer