International soccer powers to play at Heinz Field
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Two of international soccer's most powerful clubs, AC Milan and Manchester City, will play July 27 at Heinz Field, according to Peter Smith, one of the organizers of the 2014 International Champions Cup.
The International Champions Cup, in its second year, will be contested between eight premier European teams in 12 U.S. cities. The other six teams: Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, AS Roma, Olympiacos.
Kickoff for the Heinz Field match will be 4 p.m.
The semifinals and final will be at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, where the formal announcement of the tournament is expected Tuesday.
AC Milan had been set to play at Heinz Field in August 2012, an international friendly with Newcastle United, but organizers, including the Steelers, called it off because they didn't feel there was enough time to promote the event properly. They tried again in 2013, but the Steelers didn't sign off.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- News Alert
- New Kensington slaying victims identified
- Starkey: Stupid Steelers
- MLB notebook: Angels ace Richards to miss 6-9 months with knee injury
- Police charge Steelers’ Bell, Blount with marijuana possession
- Freeport Bridge reopens, Route 356 traffic still affected
- Kiss’ makeup has changed, but their impact remains strong
- Pitt recruit Rowan leaving Lincoln Park
- Pitt’s Chryst names Voytik starting quarterback
- New rules for highly addictive, hydrocodone-containing medications near
- Former Butler County court employee files discrimination suit