International soccer powers to play at Heinz Field
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Two of international soccer's most powerful clubs, AC Milan and Manchester City, will play July 27 at Heinz Field, according to Peter Smith, one of the organizers of the 2014 International Champions Cup.
The International Champions Cup, in its second year, will be contested between eight premier European teams in 12 U.S. cities. The other six teams: Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, AS Roma, Olympiacos.
Kickoff for the Heinz Field match will be 4 p.m.
The semifinals and final will be at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, where the formal announcement of the tournament is expected Tuesday.
AC Milan had been set to play at Heinz Field in August 2012, an international friendly with Newcastle United, but organizers, including the Steelers, called it off because they didn't feel there was enough time to promote the event properly. They tried again in 2013, but the Steelers didn't sign off.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Housing prices nudge upward as more homes on market
- WVU notebook: Starting quarterback yet to be determined for regular-season finale
- Ferguson officer: ‘I know I did my job right’
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- Pirates star McCutchen marries in private ceremony
- MLB notebook: Free agent signees Sandoval, Ramirez eager to team up with Red Sox
- Brentwood police chief to get nearly $200K as part of settlement agreement with borough
- Pittsburgh man gets 2 life terms in slaying of Beaver Falls couple
- Fire destroys Armstrong County tavern
- Surgery for man shot by Pittsburgh officer on hold amid legal limbo