Plum graduate Cressler gets offer from Vanderbilt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Just four days after his release from Cornell and official word that he was transferring, sophomore guard Nolan Cressler picked up a scholarship offer from Vanderbilt.
Since Thursday, a number a higher-level programs have inquired about the 6-foot-4 Cressler, a Plum graduate, who was an All-Ivy League honorable mention this past season after averaging 16.8 points. He scored a career-high 34 against Brown.
Cressler, Plum's all-time leading scorer, said Cornell wasn't as ideal a fit as he first expected.
Schools that passed on him when he was coming out of high school were showing interest. As a senior at Plum, he had four other offers, from Boston University, Holy Cross, Yale and St. Francis (Pa.).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Apollo-Ridge Education Foundation donates $12,000 to revamping middle school library
- Protesters won’t be thanking Wal-Mart
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Fatal crash closes Flight 93 chapel in Somerset County
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Blairsville judge accused in hit-run set to enter program for 1st-time offenders
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches career points
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Amusement parks fight off home entertainment threat