Plum graduate Cressler gets offer from Vanderbilt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Just four days after his release from Cornell and official word that he was transferring, sophomore guard Nolan Cressler picked up a scholarship offer from Vanderbilt.
Since Thursday, a number a higher-level programs have inquired about the 6-foot-4 Cressler, a Plum graduate, who was an All-Ivy League honorable mention this past season after averaging 16.8 points. He scored a career-high 34 against Brown.
Cressler, Plum's all-time leading scorer, said Cornell wasn't as ideal a fit as he first expected.
Schools that passed on him when he was coming out of high school were showing interest. As a senior at Plum, he had four other offers, from Boston University, Holy Cross, Yale and St. Francis (Pa.).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bodies of Kochu, Gray found in Ohio River in West Virginia
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Hays eagle egg breaks; unclear if chick was born
- Narduzzi set to begin more critical evaluations during Pitt football spring drills
- Police end standoff with New Kensington man
- Pitt adds quarterback recruit from Cincinnati
- Brownsville man killed in 1-vehicle crash
- North Buffalo man charged with distributing child porn
- Sestak’s use of rank violates military’s code of ethics
- About face: Pirates’ Burnett now digging the shifts
- Pittsburgh angles to keep Heinz headquarters in merger