Plum graduate Cressler gets offer from Vanderbilt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Just four days after his release from Cornell and official word that he was transferring, sophomore guard Nolan Cressler picked up a scholarship offer from Vanderbilt.
Since Thursday, a number a higher-level programs have inquired about the 6-foot-4 Cressler, a Plum graduate, who was an All-Ivy League honorable mention this past season after averaging 16.8 points. He scored a career-high 34 against Brown.
Cressler, Plum's all-time leading scorer, said Cornell wasn't as ideal a fit as he first expected.
Schools that passed on him when he was coming out of high school were showing interest. As a senior at Plum, he had four other offers, from Boston University, Holy Cross, Yale and St. Francis (Pa.).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Point State Park honored as top-notch public space
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Port Authority police discuss bus crash with county prosecutors
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Melocchi pleads guilty to leading McKeesport gambling ring
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Consol Energy Center cashes in again on payments from Rivers Casino
- Pets rescued from Westmoreland house fire
- Pittsburgh rises up for a 2nd year of Pirates magic