Plum graduate Cressler gets offer from Vanderbilt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Just four days after his release from Cornell and official word that he was transferring, sophomore guard Nolan Cressler picked up a scholarship offer from Vanderbilt.
Since Thursday, a number a higher-level programs have inquired about the 6-foot-4 Cressler, a Plum graduate, who was an All-Ivy League honorable mention this past season after averaging 16.8 points. He scored a career-high 34 against Brown.
Cressler, Plum's all-time leading scorer, said Cornell wasn't as ideal a fit as he first expected.
Schools that passed on him when he was coming out of high school were showing interest. As a senior at Plum, he had four other offers, from Boston University, Holy Cross, Yale and St. Francis (Pa.).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates reassign Liz to make roster room for Morton
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun; boy is critical
- Rossi: After L.A., NFL should tread carefully
- Police charge Allentown teen for beating, holding ex-girlfriend at gunpoint
- Couple attempts theft at North Huntingdon Wal-Mart
- Posthumous election wins have happened in Western Pa., nation
- Early success in White House race a pleasant surprise for Carson
- Pedestrian injured in accident near busway ramp in Carnegie
- Wrong-way driver causes head-on crash in Center
- North Hills students share their knowledge of German language
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics