Plum graduate Cressler gets offer from Vanderbilt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Just four days after his release from Cornell and official word that he was transferring, sophomore guard Nolan Cressler picked up a scholarship offer from Vanderbilt.
Since Thursday, a number a higher-level programs have inquired about the 6-foot-4 Cressler, a Plum graduate, who was an All-Ivy League honorable mention this past season after averaging 16.8 points. He scored a career-high 34 against Brown.
Cressler, Plum's all-time leading scorer, said Cornell wasn't as ideal a fit as he first expected.
Schools that passed on him when he was coming out of high school were showing interest. As a senior at Plum, he had four other offers, from Boston University, Holy Cross, Yale and St. Francis (Pa.).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Pirates make 6 September call-ups
- Tomlin: Steelers were prepared for Bryant suspension as far back as draft
- 2-year-old boy shot, killed in North Side
- Pittsburgh developer proposes hotel, restaurant to ‘jump-start’ East Deutschtown
- Casey, Coons become 32nd, 33rd senators to back nuclear deal with Iran
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison believes Goodell will prevail in Brady ruling
- Man wields knife in convenience store robbery near Herminie
- Autism caregivers can get relief through YMCA programs
- TE Breneman not listed on Penn State’s depth chart
- Construction of new Butler VA planned to kick off this week