Plum graduate Cressler gets offer from Vanderbilt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Just four days after his release from Cornell and official word that he was transferring, sophomore guard Nolan Cressler picked up a scholarship offer from Vanderbilt.
Since Thursday, a number a higher-level programs have inquired about the 6-foot-4 Cressler, a Plum graduate, who was an All-Ivy League honorable mention this past season after averaging 16.8 points. He scored a career-high 34 against Brown.
Cressler, Plum's all-time leading scorer, said Cornell wasn't as ideal a fit as he first expected.
Schools that passed on him when he was coming out of high school were showing interest. As a senior at Plum, he had four other offers, from Boston University, Holy Cross, Yale and St. Francis (Pa.).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: No decision on surgery for rookie CB Golson
- NFL notebook: Giants GM speaks with injured pass-rusher Pierre-Paul
- Inside the Steelers: Wide array of receiving options shine
- Authorities identify 2 men killed in fiery crash in Pittsburgh
- Pirates notebook: Trade movement confidence booster for Morse
- Spirit ending nonstop flights from Unity to Chicago, Las Vegas
- Pirates pitcher Burnett could return in 4 weeks
- Man interviewed about deaths in East Hills back in Allegheny County Jail
- Pennsylvania’s Class AAAA Basketball Player of the Year commits to Penn State
- Storms knock out power to more than 10,000 customerse_SClB
- Large crowd mourns Rayburn woman allegedly killed by escapee