Trainers assist Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel during the second half against the Ravens at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Mo., Sunday, Oct. 7, 2012. The Ravens defeated the Chiefs, 9-6. AP Photo/Colin E. Braley
• Colts coach Chuck Pagano told his team before Sunday's game that it needed to focus on getting to .500 rather than winning the game for him. In an email, Pagano wrote to players thanking them for their support and insisting he will beat leukemia.
• Saints quarterback Drew Brees broke Pittsburgh native Johnny Unitas' record for consecutive games with a touchdown pass. Brees' 40-yard score to Devery Henderson versus the Chargers in the first quarter marked the 48th straight game he has thrown for a TD. At Brees' request, the NFL allowed Saints head coach Sean Payton, assistant head coach Joe Vitt and general manager Mickey Loomis to attend the game. The three were suspended for their role in the bounty scandal.
• Minnesota Vikings safety Harrison Smith was ejected against Tennessee after pushing an official who was trying to break up an on-field altercation.
• Chiefs players angrily spoke out against thousands of fans who cheered when quarterback Matt Cassel left a 9-6 loss to the Ravens with a head injury. Cassel has been the focus of frustrated fans for the past couple years.
• The NFL is investigating whether Buffalo defensive end Mario Williams has an injured left wrist. Williams has not been on the Bills' injury report despite what he claims has been a season-long wrist injury.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.