NFL notebook: Colts' Pagano thanks players for support
• Colts coach Chuck Pagano told his team before Sunday's game that it needed to focus on getting to .500 rather than winning the game for him. In an email, Pagano wrote to players thanking them for their support and insisting he will beat leukemia.
• Saints quarterback Drew Brees broke Pittsburgh native Johnny Unitas' record for consecutive games with a touchdown pass. Brees' 40-yard score to Devery Henderson versus the Chargers in the first quarter marked the 48th straight game he has thrown for a TD. At Brees' request, the NFL allowed Saints head coach Sean Payton, assistant head coach Joe Vitt and general manager Mickey Loomis to attend the game. The three were suspended for their role in the bounty scandal.
• Minnesota Vikings safety Harrison Smith was ejected against Tennessee after pushing an official who was trying to break up an on-field altercation.
• Chiefs players angrily spoke out against thousands of fans who cheered when quarterback Matt Cassel left a 9-6 loss to the Ravens with a head injury. Cassel has been the focus of frustrated fans for the past couple years.
• The NFL is investigating whether Buffalo defensive end Mario Williams has an injured left wrist. Williams has not been on the Bills' injury report despite what he claims has been a season-long wrist injury.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Manziel leaves game with hamstring injury
- NFL notebook: Woodland Hills product Miles undergoes emergency surgery
- League official says Vincent met with Peterson to ‘lend a helping hand’
- NFL notebook: Bears bench QB Cutler, turn to Clausen
- NFL notebook: Browns give boot to struggling kicker Cundiff
- NFL notebook: Raiders owner plans sweeping changes to fix franchise
- NFL notebook: Cowboys won’t rule out RB Murray
- NFL notebook: Cutler’s future with Bears not yet determined