• Former Bears coach and Hall of Fame player Mike Ditka was hospitalized Friday after suffering what he said doctors told him was a “very minor stroke.” Contacted Friday evening, Ditka said, “I feel good right now and it's not a big deal.” Ditka, an Aliquippa native and former Pitt All-American, was at a country club playing cards Friday when he noticed his hands “weren't working quite right,” and then he had a problem speaking. Ditka, 73, has not had any major health problems in recent years. In 1988 while coaching the Bears, he suffered a heart attack. He was back at work within a week.
• The Chicago Bears say quarterback Jay Cutler will miss Monday's game at San Francisco because of a concussion. Jason Campbell is expected to start against the 49ers in his place.
• Eagles quarterback Michael Vick will miss Sunday's game vs. the Washington Redskins due to the effects of a concussion. Rookie Nick Foles will get his first NFL start. Redskins receiver Pierre Garcon and safety Brandon Meriweather appear set to play.
• Jacksonville defensive tackle Terrance Knighton, Kansas City linebacker Tamba Hali and New England LB Brandon Spikes were fined $25,000 each by the NFL on Friday for hits in recent games. Hali was docked for striking Steelers quarterback Byron Leftwich with his helmet.
• Referee Tony Corrente has been fined one game check by the NFL for uttering obscenities with his microphone on during a Nov. 4 game in Indianapolis between the Colts and Dolphins. Corrente earns approximately $9,000 a game.
• Injured Dallas running back DeMarco Murray is unlikely to return from a four-game absence Sunday against Cleveland.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.