NFL notebook: Kaepernick again gets starting nod from 49ers
Click here to sign up for one of our email newsletters.
SAINTS at FALCONS8:20 p.m. Thursday, Georgia Dome, AtlantaTV/radio: NFL Network/ KDKA-FM (93.7), WJPA-AM (1450) Line : Falcons by 3 1 ⁄ 2 Notable: Falcons coach Mike Smith 2-7 against Saints, 51-15 against rest of league.
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Colin Kaepernick will start at quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday at St. Louis.
Coach Jim Harbaugh made the announcement Wednesday that Kaepernick would go over Alex Smith after the second-year pro led the NFC West-leading Niners (8-2-1) to victories in the past two games, his first two NFL starts.
He said, “Colin, we believe, has the hot hand.”
Kaepernick has completed 48 of 74 passes for 680 yards and three touchdowns with one interception and has been sacked six times. He has a 102.3 passer rating.
• Browns rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden has been cleared to practice after sustaining a concussion and likely will start Sunday in Oakland. Weeden was injured in the final minutes of Sunday's 20-14 win over the Steelers.
• The Jacksonville Jaguars claimed two-time Pro Bowl defensive end Jason Babin off waivers from Philadelphia. The Jaguars will pay the remaining $1.69 million of Babin's 2012 salary.
• Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh was fined $30,000 by the NFL on Wednesday but said he didn't kick Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub on purpose. Also, Lions wide receiver Titus Young returned to the team, practicing for the first time since the Lions told him to stay away because of “unacceptable” behavior during a loss to Green Bay.
• Minnesota Vikings defensive end Jared Allen has been fined $21,000 for a hit on Chicago Bears guardLance Louis on Sunday that knocked Louis out for the season.
• Running backs Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson returned to practice for the Oakland Raiders for the first time since missing three games with sprained right ankles.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.