NFL notebook: Cardinals' Dockett fined for allegedly spitting in teammates' face
• Defensive end Darnell Dockett was fined $200,000 by the Cardinals for conduct detrimental to the team, according to a source briefed on the fine. Dockett allegedly spit on teammate Kerry Rhodes during the team's 7-6 loss to the Jets. “Yes, we had a disagreement on the field but, no he did not spit in my face,” Rhodes said in an email released by the team Tuesday.
• Broncos defensive end Von Miller was fined $25,000 by the NFL on Friday for his hit below the knee of Tampa Bay quarterback Josh Freeman last week. Miller was penalized for roughing the passer in the Broncos' win over the Buccaneers last Sunday.
• According to the domestic complaint obtained by The Baltimore Sun, Ravens star Terrell Suggs' longtime girlfriend, Candace Williams, claimed the All-Pro punched her in the neck and dragged her alongside a speeding car with their two children in the vehicle during a September incident. No charges were brought.
• Giants defensive tackle Linval Joseph was fined $7,875 and Redskins center Will Montgomery $10,000 for kicking incidents during Monday's game.
• Falcons strong safety William Moore (hamstring) and cornerback Asante Samuel (shoulder) missed practice Friday for the third straight day and are questionable for Sunday's game at Carolina.
• The Jaguars have ruled wide receiver Cecil Shorts out for Sunday's game against the Jets due to concussion symptoms.
• The Eagles reported Michael Vick and LeSean McCoy will miss Sunday's games with concussion-like symptoms.
• Running back Frank Gore (wrist) and cornerback Tarell Brown (hamstring) are expected to play when the San Francisco 49ers host the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.
• Former NFL wide receiver David Boston has been sentenced to six months in jail and five years of probation for punching a woman last year. Boston played for the Cardinals, Chargers and Dolphins.
— From wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Ex-Pitt RB Lewis signs 2-year extension with Patriots
- NFL notebook: RB Murray unhappy with role in Philly
- NFL notebook: Reserve QB Johnson back with Colts
- FanDuel employees banned from playing
- NFL notebook: Photo shows severity of JPP’s hand injury
- Laurel Highlands grad Ramsey makes 49ers practice roster
- NFL notebook: Ravens trade for Rams WR Givens
- NFL notebook: Luck ‘better every day,’ status remains uncertain for Thursday