NFL Notebook: Police video in Chiefs' LB murder-suicide case released
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Police released video Friday night that shows officers finding Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher asleep in his car just hours before he killed his girlfriend and later shot himself.
The recording was among two dashboard videos made available by police nearly a week after the murder-suicide. The second video shows an officer responding to Arrowhead Stadium, where Belcher shot himself in front of team officials shortly after killing Kasandra Perkins at their home on Dec. 1.
The first video shows officers finding Belcher asleep in his parked car around 3 a.m. that day outside an apartment complex. Officers talk to him, and he identifies himself as a Chiefs player. Police said he was cooperative and told officers he was there to visit a woman he described as his girlfriend but that she wasn't home.
Suggs' girlfriend claims abuse in protective order
Terrell Suggs' longtime girlfriend, Candace Williams, claimed in a protective order filed last month that the Ravens' Pro Bowl outside linebacker punched her in the neck and drove a car containing their two children at a “high rate of speed” while she was being dragged alongside.
Bengals bring back C Cook
The Bengals activated center Kyle Cook off the injured reserve list and waived receiver Armon Binns.
Jets TE Keller ruled out
Jets tight end Dustin Keller (ankle) will miss New York's game at Jacksonville.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Bell unsure why NFL reduced his suspension
- NFL notebook: Brady’s lawsuit will be heard in New York
- Patriots QB Brady files lawsuit against NFL to halt suspension
- Chiefs star Berry beats cancer, returns to field
- Patriots QB Brady’s suspension upheld by Goodell
- NFL notebook: Chiefs SS Berry cleared after cancer treatment
- NFL notebook: League doles out 3 multiple-game suspensions