NFL notebook: RGIII knee injury doesn't appear to be major
• Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III sprained his right knee in the final minute of Sunday's game. The injury doesn't appear to be major. Griffin had an X-ray at the stadium, and doctors poking at his knee told him that his ligaments “felt good.” “I'm not a doctor, but I know what an ACL feels like,” Griffin said. “And it doesn't feel like an ACL. ... If I felt that, I'd be pretty nervous.” Griffin was limping and wearing a big brace on his knee in the locker room after the game.
• Bears quarterback Jay Cutler hurt his neck Sunday after taking a hit to the head in the fourth quarter. Cutler stayed in for the rest of the drive, but left the game afterward. He said his neck was bothering him all afternoon and worsened as the game went on, complaining of stiffness.
• Ravens guard Marshal Yanda sprained his right ankle and wore a black walking boot on his foot in the locker room. Linebacker Jameel McClain had a neck injury, but X-rays were negative. Fullback Vonta Leach sprained his ankle, and Ray Rice had a left hip pointer.
• Bill running back Fred Jackson injured his right leg and had to be carted off from the sideline. Coach Chan Gailey would only say the injury didn't look good after the game.
• Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe injured his ribs in the first half and didn't return.
• 49ers defensive tackle Demarcus Dobbs went down with a right knee injury and was carted to the locker room.
• Cowboys defensive lineman Josh Brent was released from jail Sunday on $500,000 bond, one day after being charged with intoxication manslaughter after what police said was a drunken-driving accident that killed close friend and teammate Jerry Brown.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Now a Patriot, RB Blount’s thrilled to have moved on from Steelers
- Getting fired by Patriots led to Carroll’s reinvention
- NFL notebook: Packers coach McCarthy’s younger brother dies at 47
- NFL notebook: Seahawks warned 15-yard penalty for Lynch obscene gesture
- Patriots coach, QB say they don’t know how balls were deflated
- NFL notebook: Agent denies Ravens DT Cody injured dog
- NFL notebook: Patriots employee under scrutiny in underinflated footballs probe
- Healthy Gronkowski ready to roll in Super Bowl
- Starkey: Suspend ‘Beli-cheat,’ now or later
- NFL notebook: Source reports 11 of 12 game balls provided by Patriots under-inflated