NFL notebook: Ravens' Lewis still sidelined with injury
Injured Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis won't play Sunday against the Denver Broncos.
Lewis has been sidelined since tearing his right triceps Oct. 14 against the Dallas Cowboys.
The 37-year-old Lewis has been practicing for the past two weeks but is not healthy enough to return.
His absence means the Ravens will be short at middle linebacker Sunday. Jameel McClain is out with a neck injury, and the status of Dannell Ellerbe (sprained ankle) is uncertain.
Baltimore hopes to have outside linebacker Terrell Suggs, who missed last week's game with a torn right biceps.
Jets' Edwards should play
Rex Ryan is “optimistic” Braylon Edwards will play in the Jets' game at Tennessee on Monday night despite the newly re-acquired wide receiver being limited in practice and listed as questionable.
Edwards, claimed off waivers from Seattle on Tuesday, is dealing with a hamstring issue.
Quarterback Tim Tebow, healing from two broken ribs, was a full participant for the third straight day.
Cowboys attend funeral
Friends, family, teammates and members of the community filled a St. Louis church to say goodbye to former Cowboys linebacker Jerry Brown Jr.
Brown, who was signed to the Dallas practice squad in October after being cut from Indianapolis, died when the car he was riding in flipped after hitting a curb. The driver, Josh Brent a teammate with the Cowboys and at Illinois, has been charged with intoxication manslaughter.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Minnesota governor: Peterson should be suspended
- NFL notebook: League might intervene in Hardy case
- NFL notebook: Vikings reinstate Peterson
- New video evidence forces Ravens to cut Ray Rice
- Steelers defensive back Gay says running back Rice ‘needs help in life’
- Report: NFL had Rice video in April
- NFL notebook: PSU grad Still promoted to Bengals’ active roster
- Report shows 3 in 10 ex-NFL players will suffer cognitive damage
- Peterson released on $15K bond
- Vikings fans voice views on Peterson