NFL notebook: Pryor makes brief appearance in Raiders’ victory
Published: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 7:50 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, March 14, 2013
• Oakland's No. 3 quarterback Terrelle Pryor (Jeannette), who had been on the field once in two seasons, got one series early in the second quarter as the Raiders got a look at the former Ohio State star player taken in the supplemental draft in August 2011. Pryor handed off on his first two plays and threw an incompletion on third down before starter Carson Palmer returned to the game in the Raiders' 15-0 win.
• The Rams' Steven Jackson became the 15th player to rush for 10,000 yards. He had 73 yards on just eight carries in a 36-22 loss to the Vikings and has 909 yards on the year, keeping him in range of an eighth straight 1,000-yard season.
• Detroit's Calvin Johnson became the first player in NFL history with consecutive 1,600-yard receiving seasons in a 38-10 loss to the Cardinals.
• Rams offensive guard Harvey Dahl is expected to miss the remainder of the season with a torn right bicep sustained in Sunday's loss to the Vikings.
- NFL notebook: Patriots tight end Hernandez reportedly questioned by police
- NFL notebook: Ex-Bengals WR Ochocinco released from jail
- NFL notebook: Hall of Famer Barney says football will be gone in 10-20 years
- NFL notebook: Broncos release leading rusher McGahee
- Arrington thriving with post-NFL endeavors
- Wallace: Dolphins hungrier than Steelers
- Rear slap gets ex-NFL star Ochocinco 30 days jail
- NFL notebook: Former Bills QB Kelly battling cancer of the jaw
- Patriots say they’ll sign Tebow after physical
- NFL notebook: Tebow reportedly signs contract with Patriots
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.