NFL notebook: Pryor makes brief appearance in Raiders' victory
• Oakland's No. 3 quarterback Terrelle Pryor (Jeannette), who had been on the field once in two seasons, got one series early in the second quarter as the Raiders got a look at the former Ohio State star player taken in the supplemental draft in August 2011. Pryor handed off on his first two plays and threw an incompletion on third down before starter Carson Palmer returned to the game in the Raiders' 15-0 win.
• The Rams' Steven Jackson became the 15th player to rush for 10,000 yards. He had 73 yards on just eight carries in a 36-22 loss to the Vikings and has 909 yards on the year, keeping him in range of an eighth straight 1,000-yard season.
• Detroit's Calvin Johnson became the first player in NFL history with consecutive 1,600-yard receiving seasons in a 38-10 loss to the Cardinals.
• Rams offensive guard Harvey Dahl is expected to miss the remainder of the season with a torn right bicep sustained in Sunday's loss to the Vikings.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- State-owned universities spend millions in race to snare students
- McCutchen, Pirates hitters increasingly in crosshairs
- Starting 9: Pirates missing out on young bat
- Innovation enhances Philadelphia’s history as Democrats convene, Pope Francis visits
- Pirates minor league report: Ramirez more mindful while at plate
- Pirates trust eye test when voting for all-stars
- Keystone Markers give insights about towns but have fallen victim to time, theft or traffic accidents
- Woman shot outside Kennywood Park in West Mifflin
- Locke pitches 8 scoreless innings as Pirates edge Indians
- Pittsburgh’s tech startup activity rates last of 40 metro areas in report
- Biertempfel: Loss of All-Star paper ballots a blow to nostalgia