NFL notebook: Niners WR Crabtree questioned in sexual assault case
SAN FRANCISCO — San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree has voluntarily met with police in their investigation into an alleged sexual assault in a hotel after the team's playoff victory over the Green Bay Packers last weekend, his attorney, Joshua Bentley, said Saturday.
Bentley provided no additional details and had no further comment.
49ers general manager Trent Baalke said the team is aware of the allegations and takes “such matters very seriously.”
Crabtree, the team's first 1,000-yard receiver since Terrell Owens in 2003, made the trip to Atlanta, as San Francisco is preparing to play the Falcons in the NFC Championship Game on Sunday.
The 49ers promoted wide receiver Chad Hall from the practice squad to the active roster.
Record 73 early entries for NFL draft
A record 73 underclassmen, including six first-team All-Americans, were approved for the NFL draft.
That number was eight more than last year.
In all, 38 schools saw players declare early, including West Virginia, which will lose wide receiver Stedman Bailey.
In the last 10 years, the number of early entrants has risen from 43 to 73.
Around the league
The Colts officially announced Pep Hamilton will take over as the team's offensive coordinator. ... The Raiders hired former Jaguars quarterbacks coach Greg Olson as their new offensive coordinator, while the Jags hired Miami Hurricanes offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch to the same position.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: In Super city, everything but football matters
- Patriots veterans embrace return to Super Bowl
- Now a Patriot, RB Blount’s thrilled to have moved on from Steelers
- Seahawks’ Sherman credits upbringing for building his character
- Normally tight-lippped Marshawn Lynch fires back at critics
- Ex-Aliquippa, Pitt star Revis finally realizes Super Bowl dream
- ‘Beli-cheat’s’ reputation built over many years
- AFC championship breakdown: Patriots have had success running with extra tackle
- NFL notebook: Packers coach McCarthy’s younger brother dies at 47
- NFL notebook: Chances dwindle for Browns receiver Gordon after failed drug test
- NFL notebook: Patriots employee under scrutiny in underinflated footballs probe