NFL notebook: Niners WR Crabtree questioned in sexual assault case
SAN FRANCISCO — San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree has voluntarily met with police in their investigation into an alleged sexual assault in a hotel after the team's playoff victory over the Green Bay Packers last weekend, his attorney, Joshua Bentley, said Saturday.
Bentley provided no additional details and had no further comment.
49ers general manager Trent Baalke said the team is aware of the allegations and takes “such matters very seriously.”
Crabtree, the team's first 1,000-yard receiver since Terrell Owens in 2003, made the trip to Atlanta, as San Francisco is preparing to play the Falcons in the NFC Championship Game on Sunday.
The 49ers promoted wide receiver Chad Hall from the practice squad to the active roster.
Record 73 early entries for NFL draft
A record 73 underclassmen, including six first-team All-Americans, were approved for the NFL draft.
That number was eight more than last year.
In all, 38 schools saw players declare early, including West Virginia, which will lose wide receiver Stedman Bailey.
In the last 10 years, the number of early entrants has risen from 43 to 73.
Around the league
The Colts officially announced Pep Hamilton will take over as the team's offensive coordinator. ... The Raiders hired former Jaguars quarterbacks coach Greg Olson as their new offensive coordinator, while the Jags hired Miami Hurricanes offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch to the same position.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Search for tight end could lead to Penn State’s James
- NFL notebook: After ruling, Panthers’ Hardy seeking immediate reinstatement
- Combine notebook: New 49ers coach, W.Pa. native Tomsula growing more comfortable
- Former Pitt OT Clemmings highly touted for NFL Draft despite inexperience
- NFL Scouting Combine notebook: West Virginia receiver White possesses rare blend of speed, strength
- NFL notebook: Experts say ‘no chance’ Los Angeles can handle 3 teams
- NFL notebook: Lions release veteran running back Bush
- Ruling favors Vikings’ Peterson, sets up reinstatement