NFL Notebook: Arians hires Moore as top aide in Arizona
PHOENIX — New Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has brought in Tom Moore and Harold Goodwin to help him overhaul the worst offense in the NFL.
And as expected, he hired Todd Bowles as defensive coordinator. Moore has 34 years of experience as an NFL assistant, 12 as Peyton Manning's offensive coordinator in Indianapolis.
He will serve as Arians' assistant head coach/offense. Goodwin, offensive line coach for the Colts last season and an assistant with the Steelers five years before that, will be Arizona's offensive coordinator.
Wilson to replace injured Ryan in Pro Bowl
Seahawks rookie quarterback Russell Wilson will be joining five of his teammates at the Pro Bowl, filling the spot held by Atlanta's Matt Ryan. Ryan suffered a shoulder injury during Sunday's NFC Championship Game.
Also, Falcons safeties Thomas DeCoud and William Moore have been added to the NFC roster. The Atlanta duo replaces San Francisco safeties Dashon Goldson and Donte Whitner, who will be preparing for the Super Bowl in two weeks.
For the AFC, Miami guard Richie Incognito and defensive tackle Randy Starks have been added. Incognito replaces Baltimore guard Marshal Yanda, who will be participating in the Super Bowl, while Starks replaces New England defensive tackle Vince Wilfork, who will miss the game with an injury.
Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller, defensive tackle Kyle Williams and free safety Jairus Byrd also landed on the roster, replacing Super Bowl-bound Ravens Ray Rice, Haloti Ngata and Ed Reed.
Eagles to hire Shurmur
Former Browns coach Pat Shurmur is joining Chip Kelly's staff with the Philadelphia Eagles, a source told The Associated Press.
Shurmur is expected to be the Eagles' offensive coordinator.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: In Super city, everything but football matters
- Now a Patriot, RB Blount’s thrilled to have moved on from Steelers
- Patriots veterans embrace return to Super Bowl
- Normally tight-lippped Marshawn Lynch fires back at critics
- Ex-Aliquippa, Pitt star Revis finally realizes Super Bowl dream
- Seahawks’ Sherman credits upbringing for building his character
- Patriots not dwelling on last Super Bowl loss in Arizona
- Healthy Gronkowski ready to roll in Super Bowl
- Getting fired by Patriots led to Carroll’s reinvention
- NFL notebook: Agent denies Ravens DT Cody injured dog
- NFL notebook: Seahawks warned 15-yard penalty for Lynch obscene gesture