Bettis not among 7 Hall inductees
NEW ORLEANS - Coach Bill Parcells, Warren Sapp, Cris Carter, Jonathan Ogden and Larry Allen have been elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
The class of 2013 also includes a pair of senior selections, Curley Culp and Dave Robinson. The announcement was made Saturday in New Orleans, a day before the Super Bowl.
Five players were eliminated in the final vote: Jerome Bettis, Charles Haley, Andre Reed, Michael Strahan and Aeneas Williams.
Earlier Saturday, the selection committee eliminated Tim Brown, Kevin Greene, Will Shields and former owners Edward DeBartolo Jr. and Art Modell.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- Dungy, Greene represent more Steelers ties in hall of fame voting
- NFL notebook: Manning would like to make decision on NFL future soon
- Ex-Aliquippa, Pitt star Revis finally realizes Super Bowl dream
- Now a Patriot, RB Blount’s thrilled to have moved on from Steelers
- Seahawks’ Sherman credits upbringing for building his character
- Rossi: In Super city, everything but football matters
- Normally tight-lippped Marshawn Lynch fires back at critics
- NFL notebook: Patriots employee under scrutiny in underinflated footballs probe
- Patriots veterans embrace return to Super Bowl