RG3 vows he will be ready soon
Robert Griffin III says his surgically repaired right knee is improving, and he will “be ready” to play. It's just a matter of when.
The Redskins quarterback was at the Texas Capitol on Tuesday, and he told The Associated Press he'll be ready to return when it's time.
“It's doing good,” he said of his knee during a brief interview.
The former Heisman winner led the team to the NFC East title last season and its first playoff appearance in five years.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Chryst named football coach at Wisconsin; Pitt AD Pederson fired
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Son charged in dismemberment death of Penn Hills couple
- With 3 more players possibly affected, Penguins’ fight against mumps escalates
- Parent finds body in parking lot of Stanton Heights elementary school, prompting lockdown
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Regional public data center work underway with help from foundation’s $1.8M
- Pa. attorney general charges 10 in PennDOT fraud, kickback scheme
- Fed emphasizes patient approach on rate increases
- Squirrel Hill lawyer suspended from practicing until September
- U.S., Cuba patching torn relations with historic accord