NFL notebook: Browns deal backup QB McCoy to 49ers
Colt McCoy will start over as a backup in San Francisco.
McCoy, who became expendable when Cleveland signed veteran free-agent quarterback Jason Campbell last week, was traded to the 49ers for two draft picks.
The Browns said they received two “undisclosed” draft choices, but a person familiar with the deal told the Associated Press the team got a fifth- and seventh-round pick in this month's NFL Draft in exchange for McCoy and Cleveland's sixth-round pick.
Report: Rodgers, Pack $2 million apart
NFL.com reported that the Packers and quarterback Aaron Rodgers are about $2 million apart per season on a contract extension. Rodgers has reportedly been offered an annual salary of about $21 million. Reports said Rodgers' deal likely would be for six years and would include a record $60 million in guaranteed money.
Around the league
The Raiders acquired Seattle backup quarterback Matt Flynn for draft picks. ... The Cardinals released quarterback John Skelton. ... The Bengals re-signed cornerback Terence Newman to a two-year contract. Newman will enter his 11th NFL season and second with the Bengals. ... Longtime NFL/college coach Jack Pardee died. He was 76.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Vikings reinstate Peterson
- NFL notebook: Jamaal Charles injures ankle vs. Broncos
- Steelers defensive back Gay says running back Rice ‘needs help in life’
- Peterson released on $15K bond
- Vikings fans voice views on Peterson
- New video evidence forces Ravens to cut Ray Rice
- From Rice to Peterson, NFL endures trying week