Penn State's McGloin signs with Raiders
Former Penn State quarterback Matt McGloin signed a three-year contract with the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday.
McGloin, who started his career as a walk-on at Penn State, had tryouts with the Redskins and Panthers before signing with Oakland. The Raiders have five quarterbacks on their roster, including former Ohio State and Jeannette standout Terrelle Pryor. McGloin is one of three rookie quarterbacks on the roster.
The Scranton native left Penn State as its all-time leader in touchdown passes (46) and led the Big Ten in passing in 2012.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- Dungy, Greene represent more Steelers ties in hall of fame voting
- NFL notebook: Manning would like to make decision on NFL future soon
- Now a Patriot, RB Blount’s thrilled to have moved on from Steelers
- Patriots veterans embrace return to Super Bowl
- Normally tight-lippped Marshawn Lynch fires back at critics
- Seahawks’ Sherman credits upbringing for building his character
- NFL notebook: Chances dwindle for Browns receiver Gordon after failed drug test
- Patriots not dwelling on last Super Bowl loss in Arizona