NFL notebook: Gronkowski's infection may have subsided
• Doctors who performed surgery on Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski's left forearm Monday believe the nagging infection that hampered his recovery finally has subsided, a person informed of the prognosis following the procedure told USA Today Sports.
• Calvin Johnson downplayed whatever was wrong with his fingers last year. The Lions' receiver caught 122 passes for an NFL-record 1,964 yards last season. He was coy when asked how badly his fingers were hurt last year, saying he “had a couple injuries to them.”
• The Chargers are keeping Manti Te'o off-limits to the media. The linebacker was barred from speaking with reporters at the second open session of organized team activities.
• Safety Ed Reed missed the Texans' first spring workout Monday while he recovers from hip surgery in Colorado. Linebacker Brian Cushing also will miss OTAs as he recovers from left knee surgery.
• Former wide receiverChad Johnson was arrested on charges that he violated probation stemming from an altercation with his now ex-wife, TV reality star Evelyn Lozada. Johnson was jailed Monday morning and later released after posting $1,000 bail.
• Bills defensive end Mario Williams denies contemplating suicide and said private comments he made in text messages are being taken out of context by his ex-fiancee in a lawsuit over the possession of a $785,000 diamond engagement ring.
• Police said the Maryland home of Ravens running back Ray Rice was burglarized over the weekend, and $2,000 and two guns were stolen.
• NFL owners will vote on the sites of the 50th and 51st Super Bowls on Tuesday at their spring meetings.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: After ruling, Panthers’ Hardy seeking immediate reinstatement
- NFL notebook: Lions release veteran running back Bush
- Ruling favors Vikings’ Peterson, sets up reinstatement
- Combine notebook: New 49ers coach, W.Pa. native Tomsula growing more comfortable
- Combine quarterbacks must learn new techniques to make jump to next level
- NFL Scouting Combine notebook: West Virginia receiver White possesses rare blend of speed, strength
- NFL notebook: Experts say ‘no chance’ Los Angeles can handle 3 teams
- Rossi: NFL has some deeds worth celebrating