NFL notebook: Patriots tight end Hernandez reportedly questioned by police
SI.com reported that Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was questioned by police as part of a homicide investigation, and they were interested in seaching his home.
Hernandez, 23, isn't thought to be a suspect, but a vehicle registered in his name is a key piece of evidence. A body was found about one mile from his Massachusetts home.
Hernandez, 23, caught 51 passes for 483 yards and five touchdowns last season.
More surgery for Gronk
Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski (Woodland Hills) underwent back surgery.
The operation was performed Tuesday by Dr. Robert Watkins and was successful, said Drew Rosenhaus, Gronkowski's agent.
On May 20, Gronkowski had his fourth surgery on the left forearm that he broke Nov. 18 while blocking for an extra point in a 59-24 win over the Indianapolis Colts. He broke it again in the Patriots' first playoff game, a 41-28 win over the Houston Texans. Rosenhaus said the fourth surgery was expected to be the last on his forearm.
Gonzalez a ‘Good Guy'
Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez won the 2013 Good Guy Award from the Professional Football Writers of America.
Gonzalez, who recently announced he will play one more season after originally planning to retire, has been honored for his professionalism in helping pro football writers do their jobs.
Gonzalez had one of his best seasons at age 36, as the Falcons went 13-3 and won the NFC South.
One of the NFL's most popular players, Gonzalez caught a team-high 93 passes for 930 yards and eight touchdowns, earning his 13th Pro Bowl appearance.
Vikings mum about LB
The Minnesota Vikings are playing coy about their interest in linebacker Desmond Bishop.
Vikings coach Leslie Frazier declined after minicamp practice Tuesday to confirm that Bishop was visiting with the team. After Bishop was released by the rival Green Bay Packers on Monday, the seventh-year veteran told several Wisconsin media outlets he planned to speak with the Vikings in Minnesota.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Innovation enhances Philadelphia’s history as Democrats convene, Pope Francis visits
- Woman shot outside Kennywood Park in West Mifflin
- Apollo Independence Day celebration salutes those who sacrificed
- Draft accords of sanctions relief at Iran nuclear talks in hand
- McCutchen, Pirates hitters increasingly in crosshairs
- Pirates minor league report: Ramirez more mindful while at plate
- State-owned universities spend millions in race to snare students
- United Way Impact Fund Grants to award $445K to 26 Butler County nonprofits
- Starting 9: Pirates missing out on young bat
- Pakistani military says it achieved major victory over Islamist terrorists
- Anti-Clinton crowd looks left to Sanders