NFL notebook: Buccaneers kicker Connor Barth out for season; Tynes signed
• Buccaneers kicker Connor Barth will miss this season with a torn Achilles tendon, and the team has signed two-time Super Bowl winner Lawrence Tynes as his replacement. Barth was injured last week in his hometown of Wilmington, N.C., and underwent successful surgery Monday. He will be placed on the non-football injury list.
• The Lions released running back Jahvid Best, a first-round draft pick from 2010 who hasn't played since October 2011 because of concussion problems. Best accounted for 1,000-plus yards and six touchdowns as a rookie, but he was limited to six games during the 2011.
• Eagles left tackle Jason Peters will get nearly $2 million in a lawsuit over a rolling walker that he said broke and caused him to reinjure his torn Achilles tendon.
• According to reports, Texans linebacker Brian Cushing has been cleared to return to practice, nine months after tearing his ACL in Week 5 last season.
• The Dolphins said team CEO Mike Dee is leaving to become president and CEO of the San Diego Padres, where he began his career as a sports executive. Dee has been the CEO of the Dolphins and their home Sun Life Stadium since 2009.
• Former NFL quarterback Daunte Culpepper lost a Florida home he owned to a bank in a foreclosure case. Broward County court records show the nearly 10,000-square-foot home was surrendered in April to SunTrust Bank in lieu of foreclosure. The bank cited $3 million in debt in court papers.
• Green Bay CEO Mark Murphy said that the team, the only somewhat-publicly-owned franchise, produced a $54.3 million profit in 2013. A spike in revenue generated to $308.1 million coupled with a drop in players costs to $136.0 million.
— From wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Rams leave Sam off practice squad
- Not to be left behind, speedy Steelers are on the fast track in NFL
- NFL notebook: Bailey, Sam among cuts
- NFL notebook: Seahawks part ways with Jeannette’s Pryor
- NFL notebook: Manning fined for taunting Texans safety
- NFL notebook: Ex-player Gilbert releases platform for NFLPA bid
- NFL upholds Browns WR Gordon’s 1-year ban
- NFL notebook: QB Newton says ‘no doubt’ he’ll be ready for opener
- NFL increases penalties for domestic violence