NFL notebook: Raiders' Pryor will start preseason finale against the Seahawks
Quarterback Terrelle Pryor will make his first start in the Raiders' preseason finale Thursday night at Seattle.
Matt Flynn, who is at the top of the depth chart, has been bothered by arm soreness throughout camp.
Pryor, who led four scoring drives after replacing Flynn in the second quarter Friday night in a loss to Chicago, has been the Raiders' most effective quarterback so far.
The Jeannette native is the team's second leading rusher with 83 yards on 11 carries.
• Kickoff return specialist Josh Cribbs was released by the Raiders on Sunday in a wave of team cuts.
• Free-agent quarterback Matt Leinart agreed to sign with the Bills, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press. Leinart will fill an immediate need at Buffalo's injury-depleted quarterback position. Kevin Kolb left the Bills' preseason game Saturday against the Redskins because of concussion-like symptoms, and first-round pick EJ Manuel is out for the rest of the preseason with a left knee injury.
• Colts left tackle Anthony Castonzo will not play in the preseason finale after an MRI confirmed Castonzo has a mild sprain of the medial collateral ligament in his right knee. Castonzo is listed as day-to-day.
• Police have charged former Titans linebacker Keith Bulluck with felony robbery after a cab driver accused him of taking money during an argument. A police statement says the driver was waiting outside a bar for a paid fare early Sunday when Bulluck approached him asking for a ride. According to police, the driver said he declined and Bulluck grabbed him by his shirt, took a $100 bill and fled.
• The Ravens cut tight end Visanthe Shiancoe, less than one month after joining the team as a free agent.
• Giants starting free safety Stevie Brown suffered a torn ACL Saturday against the Jets and was placed on season-ending injured reserve.
• Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez is scheduled to have an MRI after injuring his shoulder Saturday night against the Giants. According to the Daily News, it could be a labrum issue for the veteran.
• Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall, a former Steeler, is scheduled to have an MRI on his knee after injuring it Saturday against the Chargers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.