NFL notebook: Raiders' Pryor will start preseason finale against the Seahawks
Quarterback Terrelle Pryor will make his first start in the Raiders' preseason finale Thursday night at Seattle.
Matt Flynn, who is at the top of the depth chart, has been bothered by arm soreness throughout camp.
Pryor, who led four scoring drives after replacing Flynn in the second quarter Friday night in a loss to Chicago, has been the Raiders' most effective quarterback so far.
The Jeannette native is the team's second leading rusher with 83 yards on 11 carries.
• Kickoff return specialist Josh Cribbs was released by the Raiders on Sunday in a wave of team cuts.
• Free-agent quarterback Matt Leinart agreed to sign with the Bills, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press. Leinart will fill an immediate need at Buffalo's injury-depleted quarterback position. Kevin Kolb left the Bills' preseason game Saturday against the Redskins because of concussion-like symptoms, and first-round pick EJ Manuel is out for the rest of the preseason with a left knee injury.
• Colts left tackle Anthony Castonzo will not play in the preseason finale after an MRI confirmed Castonzo has a mild sprain of the medial collateral ligament in his right knee. Castonzo is listed as day-to-day.
• Police have charged former Titans linebacker Keith Bulluck with felony robbery after a cab driver accused him of taking money during an argument. A police statement says the driver was waiting outside a bar for a paid fare early Sunday when Bulluck approached him asking for a ride. According to police, the driver said he declined and Bulluck grabbed him by his shirt, took a $100 bill and fled.
• The Ravens cut tight end Visanthe Shiancoe, less than one month after joining the team as a free agent.
• Giants starting free safety Stevie Brown suffered a torn ACL Saturday against the Jets and was placed on season-ending injured reserve.
• Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez is scheduled to have an MRI after injuring his shoulder Saturday night against the Giants. According to the Daily News, it could be a labrum issue for the veteran.
• Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall, a former Steeler, is scheduled to have an MRI on his knee after injuring it Saturday against the Chargers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Swissvale police free suspect because officers weren’t available to take him to jail
- Penguins: Crosby’s right wrist may need surgery
- WPIAL denies eligibility for 2
- Pirates notebook: Marte placed on bereavement leave
- Millvale Diner offers simple, tasty options
- Pittsburgh’s Eden can open eyes to tasty raw, vegan food
- Maritime merriment easy with boat-rental options around Western Pa.
- Penn State tight end James measures up with best
- Body of missing Washington County man found in field near his home
- Pitt women’s top recruit Gibson of Seton-La Salle headed to junior college
- Summer brings creations from Pittsburgh New Music Ensemble