NFL notebook: Giants RB Brown likely to miss 4-6 weeks with broken leg
Giants running back Andre Brown is likely to miss four to six weeks with a fractured left leg sustained in Thursday night's preseason finale against the Patriots, according to multiple reports.
Brown called it a “tiny little crack,” saying after the game, “I can come back from this … in a couple weeks.”
Brown, expected to share duties with former first-round pick David Wilson, scored eight touchdowns in 10 games last season before suffering a fractured left fibula in late November.
• The Falcons waived Brian Banks, the linebacker who was attempting to make a late start to his NFL career after spending five years in prison on a conviction that was later overturned.
• The Cardinals placed first-round draft pick Jonathan Cooper on injured reserve, ending the left guard's season.
• The Bills cut a pair of former Pitt players, tight end Dorin Dickerson (West Allegheny) and fullback Zach Brown. Others players with local ties who were released include Jaguars first-year wide receiver Toney Clemons (Valley) and Falcons defensive back Terrence Johnson of Woodland Hills and Cal (Pa.). The Bills also cut quarterback Matt Leinart, a former Heisman Trophy winner, and placed quarterback Kevin Kolb on injured reserve, ending his season.
• San Francisco backup running back LaMichael James suffered a sprained MCL in his left knee and could miss three to four weeks, ESPN reported.
• The Chargers released veteran left tackle Max Starks, who won two Super Bowl rings with the Steelers.
• Former Steelers reserve quarterback Dennis Dixon was among 12 players cut by the Eagles.
• The NFL suspended Bengals defensive end DeQuin Evans for the season's first eight games for violating its policy on performance-enhancing substances for a second time.
• The Patriots released veteran tight ends Jake Ballard and Daniel Fells.
• The Ravens cut Caleb Haney and Dayne Crist, leaving two quarterbacks on the roster. Other cuts included running back Delone Carter, obtained in a trade last week with the Colts.
• The Bears released quarterbacks Jordan Palmer and Trent Edwards.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Manziel leaves game with hamstring injury
- NFL notebook: Bears bench QB Cutler, turn to Clausen
- NFL notebook: Raiders owner plans sweeping changes to fix franchise
- NFL notebook: Cutler’s future with Bears not yet determined