Former Patriots TE Hernandez pleads not guilty to murder indictment
FALL RIVER, Mass. — Former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and other charges following his indictment in the killing of a friend authorities say was shot five times in an industrial park.
Hernandez spoke for himself at the brief arraignment Friday afternoon in Fall River Superior Court.
His attorneys agreed that the 23-year-old Hernandez will continue to be held without bail, but reserved the right to request bail later. His next court date is Oct. 9.
A Massachusetts grand jury last month returned the indictment against Hernandez in the death of Odin Lloyd, a 27-year-old semi-professional football player from Boston who was dating the sister of Hernandez's girlfriend. It also includes five gun counts.
Hernandez was arrested in June and pleaded not guilty to murder and weapons charges in district court.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville gets spring scouring
- NASA head tells Pitt grads their generation will ‘walk the face of Mars’
- Connellsville-region grads to converge for Golden Reunion
- Braddock man charged in fatal stabbing
- Veterans charity to receive funds
- Henry: Job and education fair slated for Wednesday in Connellsville
- Boy, 15, charged with firing shots in Brighton Heights
- Allegheny Valley board candidates hold Colfax Elementary fate
- Behind starter Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Outdoors notebook: Pennsylvania will maintain walleye, yellow perch limits
- Man in critical condition after Manchester shooting