TribLIVE

| Sports


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Former Patriots TE Hernandez pleads not guilty to murder indictment

AP
Former New England Patriot football player Aaron Hernandez, listens to procedings in a court in Attleboro, Mass., Thursday, Aug. 22, 2013.

Steelers/NFL Videos

By The Associated Press
Friday, Sept. 6, 2013, 2:30 p.m.
 

FALL RIVER, Mass. — Former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and other charges following his indictment in the killing of a friend authorities say was shot five times in an industrial park.

Hernandez spoke for himself at the brief arraignment Friday afternoon in Fall River Superior Court.

His attorneys agreed that the 23-year-old Hernandez will continue to be held without bail, but reserved the right to request bail later. His next court date is Oct. 9.

A Massachusetts grand jury last month returned the indictment against Hernandez in the death of Odin Lloyd, a 27-year-old semi-professional football player from Boston who was dating the sister of Hernandez's girlfriend. It also includes five gun counts.

Hernandez was arrested in June and pleaded not guilty to murder and weapons charges in district court.

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read NFL

  1. Browns give nod to Hoyer to start at QB in opener vs. Steelers
  2. Doctor says treatments have left ‘no evidence’ of Kelly’s cancer
  3. Ex-Titans, Penn St. LB Shaw says he has ALS
  4. NFL notebook: Manziel: ‘I don’t think I’m ready for Pittsburgh right nowe_SSRq
  5. NFL notebook: Falcons lose veteran OT Baker for season
  6. NFL notebook: Simms, Dungy won’t use term ‘Redskins’
  7. NFL notebook: Browns not ready to name starting QB
  8. NFL notebook: Chiefs WR Bowe suspended 1 game
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.