NFL notebook: Ravens RB Rice suffers strained hip injury
Updated 17 hours ago
• Ravens running back Ray Rice suffered a strained hip flexor against the Browns. The Baltimore Sun reported initial tests don't show any major issues, and Rice is not scheduled for an MRI exam. “We're confident and optimistic right now,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. “We'll have to see how he responds.”
• Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden was forced out of the Ravens' game with an injured right thumb in the fourth quarter and could miss next week. “It really hurts,” Weeden said. “The X-rays are negative, so that's a good thing.”
• Lions running back Reggie Bush will have an MRI on his left knee after he was injured in the loss to Arizona, ESPN reported. “We'll see what happens this week; I'm not sure,” Bush said. “I don't think it's anything serious.”
• Rookie running back Eddie Lacy was knocked out of the Packers' home opener against Washington with a concussion.
• Running backs St eve n Jackson (thigh) of the Falcons and Maurice Jones-Drew (ankle) of the Jaguars left their respective games and didn't return.
• Chargers receiver M alco m Floyd was hospitalized with a neck injury after a hard hit against the Eagles.
• Patriots receiver Danny Amendola has torn hip adductor muscles, Fox Sports reported. He may also have a sports hernia, which could sideline him about a month.
• Colts left guard Donald Thomas (knee) will miss the rest of the season.
• Rick Casares, a star running back for the Bears who was once their all-time leading rusher, died. He was 82.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Report: Wide receiver Harvin a ‘time bomb’
- NFL notebook: Charles becomes Chiefs’ career rushing leader
- NFL notebook: Cowboys RB Randle fined, but will play Sunday
- NFL notebook: Assault lawsuit against Cowboys owner Jones dismissed
- NFL notebook: Seahawks trade receiver Harvin to Jets