NFL notebook: Ravens RB Rice suffers strained hip injury
• Ravens running back Ray Rice suffered a strained hip flexor against the Browns. The Baltimore Sun reported initial tests don't show any major issues, and Rice is not scheduled for an MRI exam. “We're confident and optimistic right now,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. “We'll have to see how he responds.”
• Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden was forced out of the Ravens' game with an injured right thumb in the fourth quarter and could miss next week. “It really hurts,” Weeden said. “The X-rays are negative, so that's a good thing.”
• Lions running back Reggie Bush will have an MRI on his left knee after he was injured in the loss to Arizona, ESPN reported. “We'll see what happens this week; I'm not sure,” Bush said. “I don't think it's anything serious.”
• Rookie running back Eddie Lacy was knocked out of the Packers' home opener against Washington with a concussion.
• Running backs St eve n Jackson (thigh) of the Falcons and Maurice Jones-Drew (ankle) of the Jaguars left their respective games and didn't return.
• Chargers receiver M alco m Floyd was hospitalized with a neck injury after a hard hit against the Eagles.
• Patriots receiver Danny Amendola has torn hip adductor muscles, Fox Sports reported. He may also have a sports hernia, which could sideline him about a month.
• Colts left guard Donald Thomas (knee) will miss the rest of the season.
• Rick Casares, a star running back for the Bears who was once their all-time leading rusher, died. He was 82.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Bears bench QB Cutler, turn to Clausen
- NFL notebook: Raiders owner plans sweeping changes to fix franchise
- NFL notebook: Cowboys RB Murray breaks hand, has surgery
- Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton taken to hospital after crash
- NFL notebook: Newton released from hospital, out Sunday
- NFL notebook: Hip injury could sideline Packers RB Lacy for Week 15
- NFL notebook: Browns give boot to struggling kicker Cundiff
- League official says Vincent met with Peterson to ‘lend a helping hand’
- NFL notebook: Cowboys won’t rule out RB Murray