NFL notebook: Raiders quarterback Pryor doesn't practice, NFLPA investigating
ALAMEDA, Calif. — After being beaten out for starting gigs the past two preseasons in Seattle and Oakland, Matt Flynn could start this week for the Raiders with Jeannette native Terrelle Pryor recovering from a concussion.
Pryor has not been cleared to return to practice yet after getting hurt late in Monday night's loss in Denver. He was knocked out on a helmet-to-helmet hit by linebacker Wesley Woodyard on a quarterback draw.
Pryor remained in the game for two plays after the hit as coach Dennis Allen said he showed no signs of a concussion in the immediate aftermath. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said all indications are that the Raiders handled the situation properly.
ESPN reported that the NFL Players Association is investigating whether the team followed the league protocol in dealing with Pryor's injury.
• Less than five seasons after declaring Josh Freeman was the future of the Buccaneers, the struggling franchise is tying its hopes to another rookie quarterback. Coach Greg Schiano benched Freeman in favor of untested Mike Glennon two days after insisting the former first-round draft pick remained the starter.
•A medical examiner near Atlanta said former Chargers safety Paul Oliver committed suicide. Cobb County investigators say the 29-year-old Oliver was found dead Tuesday night.
• Ravens Pro Bowl running back Ray Rice returned to practice Wednesday on a limited basis and is expected to play Sunday against the Bills. Rice sat out the Ravens' 30-9 win over the Houston Texans last Sunday due to a left hip flexor strain.
— Wire reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Franklin Regional grad Hickey continues to prepare for NFL Draft
- NFL notebook: Ex-Steelers WR Washington joins Texans after signing 1-year deal
- Recent early retirements in NFL could be trend — or simply a coincidence
- NFL notebook: Change to extra points likely in 2015
- NFL notebook: Browns GM suspended, team fined for ‘Text-gate’
- Mother of NFL Hall of Famer and Aliquippa native Ditka dies
- NFL notebook: WR Wallace ripped by Pouncey twins
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Bednarik dies
- NFL notebook: Jets file tampering charges against Patriots over comments about Revis